"Talk to people. They might have something to say!"

Mr. Ash

Nothing in the GBC Port makes any sense, including the dialogue.

large.text1.png.ce719deb41b0034c7e27b5de

(Ed Mail never talks; quite fitting for a mailman)

There's also a neat secret! You can find Yoda on Adventure Island!

large.yoda.png.f725cb7a8265480dfdefdc0ff

Spoiler

OK it's really Pharaoh Hotep

• Like 3

LI2 gbc is my jam. the dialog (monologues? Pepper doesn't talk much) has that "just left of logical" matter-of-factly-wrong-(but-that's-right) type feeling that I love so much but don't know how to properly describe without doing it an injustice. It's not real and it's not trying to be real but it's not trying to be wacky too much, either. It's just being what it is, I guess? I don't know, somehow I feel like even trying to describe the whole thing is antithetical to how it works. 

lol username

Just remembered I dumped all the text from the ROM once: 

Took another read through it - yeah it's pretty great.

I also noticed this:

You're going on an adventure! Take this to remember your Mama!

I don't recall seeing that line - it implies Mama gives Pepper something there, probably a card, and probably of her? Is it unused or have I just never seen it?

I'm pretty sure that's in the game. There are a lot of lines - especially on LEGO Island - that'll only be available when going around and talking to everyone is the last thing on your mind. IIRC she gives you her card and Papa also gives you his card if you talk to him.

5 hours ago, Terrev said:

I don't recall seeing that line - it implies Mama gives Pepper something there, probably a card, and probably of her? Is it unused or have I just never seen it?

The Brickolinis will give you their trading cards if you talk to them after getting orders from police to get to the RES-Q Headquarters. It only works before you fall into the sinkhole, though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.