lol username

xFRE4KO.png

sfrpRDF.png

eulToHd.png

slYimTp.png

RWkhMzf.png

itINW87.png

joTkNGE.png

The rock that's upside down there actually spins around.

Yeah. I dunno what's up with any of this.

• Like 4

lol username

Also, there's several places where weird textures are applied to things. Here's a few of them:

RhHkfna.png

GiXSrtF.png

K9TVjUk.png

Another example is the boat in the parachute training minigame, which has a ring UI texture applied, much like in that screenshot from the other parachuting game.

• Like 3

ProfessorBrickkeeper

There is now no doubt in my mind that LI2 is a lovingly-made, completely finished game, created by absolutely sane, well-adjusted individuals.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

terrev is the only human being who has ever clocked 2+ hours into lego island 2

Incorrect. I've played it through twice. I've also played the PS1 version.

Fluffy Cupcake

Can confirm. LI2 was da bomb in my childhood. So much hours.

That was legitimate too, I didn't look for ways games went bad back then.

lol username

I loved LI2 as a kid. I've even got home videos from 2002 of me re-enacting the story with IXS sets and my own versions of the buildings. I've also installed it (and some other old lego games) for younger family members and they've loved it as well.

Until 2009, I only had LI1 and IXS, but I did play the LI2 demo as a kid. I thought that Parachute Training was supposed to be Pepper landing on the new LEGO Island for some reason. The screenshots made me believe it would be much better than IXS.

Dazzgracefulmoon

It's just merely a case of playing the game for fun and enjoying it when you're a kid and then later remembering all the fun times you had, only to look at how...bland it was in comparison to the original

I like LI2 when I was a kid too, but now it just lacks any real personality or charm the original lego island or even xtreme stunts had. atleast, I think so.

Fluffy Cupcake

This just in: That file name for that rocks in the developer's cave is called "portal". Strange huh?

(This isn't the first time I've seen strange model names in this game though)

• Like 1

lol username
4 minutes ago, Xiron said:

This just in: That file name for that rocks in the developer's cave is called "portal". Strange huh?

(This isn't the first time I've seen strange model names in this game though)

Huh, might have been a placeholder they never removed. It'd definitely explain why it's spinning.

• 7 months later...

I don't remember if I ever posted this screenshot anywhere, but: There's slimy slugs on top of the Brickster's Palace that vanish once that section of the minigame actually begins. Go figure.

TbT8quh.png

also, 322

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.