Unused Tribal Character Texture

Mr. Ash

I found this texture in z23DIP\textures (text161.tga)

5x7M7AR.png

None of the tribal characters use these in the PC version, but one of them has a similar face in the Playstation port. It would've belonged to the tribesman whose torso is different from the islander's.

• Like 3

lol username

I was about to say "Oh, right, I remember seeing this texture but hadn't made the connection with the PS1 Ogelites, though now that you mention I do remember one with a face like that..."

Then I looked at my screenshots of the Ogelites and uh... None of them have that face, exactly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Though when you're running at the game at its native resolution, a few do look quite similar (those screenshots I took were on an emulator running at an artificially boosted resolution).

EDIT: LOL I TOTALLY MISREAD YOUR POST (it reminded me of the Ogelites I suppose) and I have no memory of what the PS1 Islanders look like anyway (besides them having plain yellow posteriors). Though, now I'm curious...

• Like 2

It's been several years since I played LI2 on the PS1, but I remember that they all had printed legs and face/body textures not used in the PC version. Achu carried a large axe I believe. Also, the tribeswoman is bugged; when you interact with her, she speaks Johnny Thunder's first line: "Hello, aloha, and welcome to Adventurer's Island!" D8

• 4 weeks later...

I'm speeding through LI2 on the ePSXe emulator right now. I managed to reach Adventurer's island and find the islanders. For some reason, they're all redheads...

large.tribal.png.ff05b03172d6578805863cc

The tribeswoman's speech glitch doesn't occur until after Mr. Hate's Camp IIRC - I'll definitely post a video for that later.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.