21128 Minecraft The Village

Ayliffe

This was revealed! It's, er, something:

21128_front_01.jpg

21128 The Village, 1,600 pieces.

US $199.99 - CA $249.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1899.00 DKK

Released June 1st, but likely to be available mid-May for VIPs

Build and protect The Village!

Join forces with Alex at the busy Minecraft village, including a variety of biomes plus a watchtower, library, blacksmith, butcher and marketplace. Enjoy hands-on Minecraft adventures featuring your favorite characters and objects with this LEGO Minecraft set—designed for young fans of the highly successful sandbox video game.

• Includes 4 minifigures: Steve, Alex, zombie and a zombie villager, plus a Creeper, enderman, pig, baby pig, iron golem and 2 villagers (a farmer and a librarian).
  • The Village features rainforest, snow and desert biomes, and includes a watchtower, library, blacksmith, butcher and a marketplace.
  • Fold out the library and butcher's buildings and lift the marketplace roof to access the interiors.
  • Grab your iron sword and prepare for battle!
  • Build the iron golem to help protect the village.
  • Accessory elements include a crafting table, water bucket, emerald-ore-style elements, 2 pumpkin heads and a chest with emerald-style elements.
  • Weapons include a sword and a pickaxe.
  • Set your imagination free—rebuild the set for more LEGO Minecraft creations!
  • Measures over 5” (15cm) high, 19” (49cm) wide and 17” (44cm) deep.

21128_back_06.jpg

21128_back_07.jpg

lol pigs

So yeah, this set is... actually rather bland tbh. TLG aren't doing that great this year D2C-wise, are they? Oh, and more pics here if you need 'em.

If I were into Minecraft, I'd be all over it. I know my little brother will probably be floored.

I'd ask what the market is, considering mostly younger kids are into the theme and it's a hefty $200, but the retail Minecraft sets aren't exactly cheap themselves, so I guess parents are a-ok with the price tags.

Shadowblaze

200 bucks for that thing? It's not worth it. At all. I would consider it a deal if it was an unitary structure, cleverly constructed so that every piece of it completes the rest. But these are literally a bunch of random houses.

I don't get what's so great about these minifig-scale Minecraft sets. The mix between blocky and round parts just doesn't make sense. Some of the basic pieces are nice I suppose, but the build isn't even intersting. You could probably make something just like this with a large brick bucket and spend a lot less money. I'm not even a fan of Minecraft, but the Micro World sets at least looked neat.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

I can buy the game once and x7 some times for friends with that price, where I'm sure I'll have a much greater time of fun.

• Like 2

For that amount of parts and something so dull, that's not worth saving up for.

On a side note, if you look very carefully at the zombie villager in the second image in the OP, it looks like its doing what LEGO already has literally done to it's creativity. Kicking the bucket. (Well, for the most part, at least considering how there are more licensed sets than there should be lately)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.