Vectrex4Life

Vectrex4Life

Hello everyone! I recently completed the latest episode for my show called Forgotten Games, a series of comedic video game reviews that cover games that not many people may remember. My latest release focuses on the LEGO Island series of games. While they may not be forgotten (especially when it comes to those who use this site), I had received several requests to cover more LEGO games on the show, and my love for them was enough to get me working on another episode. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have. Reviews on more LEGO games from the late 90s and early 2000s will be coming soon! Thanks!

Dazzgracefulmoon

It's got potential, but you really need to work on the audio to make it less echo-ey. Place some foam padding in your room or something that'll be able to make the room much less echoey.

Vectrex4Life
1 hour ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

It's got potential, but you really need to work on the audio to make it less echo-ey. Place some foam padding in your room or something that'll be able to make the room much less echoey.

When you're referring to audio do you mean just the live action clips or the voiceovers? I do understand that the audio in some of the live action clips could be improved.

Vectrex4Life
40 minutes ago, Merdon said:

Your graphic settings in IXS are low by the way. That's why Nick's hat looks so stupid.

The resolution had to be turned down so that the game would be at a playable frame rate on the Windows 98 machine that I recorded the gameplay on. Island Xtreme Stunts isn't easy to get running on modern machines as you may know.

Fluffy Cupcake

Did you try my patch yet that gets it working on most modern machines? I've been asked a lot so it is hard to keep track, but I don't think so.

You didn't mention LI2's hideous loading times & nearly impossible minigame on fast computers

Yes, you are using a Win98. Most of us aren't. l405G.jpgLI2's loading screens on a good enough computer (4GB RAM - more than enough for LI2) take about 3/4 of the time on a cruddy WinXP. The loading times don't actually change.

Impossible minigame? For some reason, the fuel decrease on the Biplane game isn't linked to a timer, seconds passing. No, for some reason lost to us it is linked to your framerate. A fast machine and you will find the game nearly impossible.

The only way you can beat it is because fuel stops decreasing when you bash into a wall...

LI2 was broke.

Other than that, I quite liked that video. I felt you game more time to IXS than was deserved. You also missed out ARE YOU READY TO SELECT THE GREEN BRICK ARE YOU READY TO LE ARE YOU READY TO LE ARE YOU READY TO LE which is half the fun of the game l405G.jpg

May I ask why you used LR music in IXS gameplay?

Fluffy Cupcake
3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

May I ask why you used LR music in IXS gameplay?

To be different. Also LR is awesome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.