LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

Hi,

I've followed the project since march, and think that it looks really promising. What's going on now? Has the project died altogether?

One suggestion could be that bhillips09 could just release the source code if he doesn´t have time to work on the project. That way, someone else can work on it. 

bphillips09

Hi everyone, sorry for the radio silence!

I've been extremely busy with work, class, midterms, finals, etc. However, this project is far from abandoned!

I am still working on it when I can, and you can expect lots of updates this summer. Thanks @Ben24x7 for showing me that review, that's incredible. Also thanks @Wirza for introducing the game to "HeavyMetalGamerShow". 

@tomfyhr releasing the source code is not something I have planned yet. Maybe in the future when the code is better commented and more polished, it could be possible. Keep in mind that a lot of the assets used in REDUX are not necessarily mine to share or distribute in their current form. However, down the road if I find myself unable to work on the project any longer (unlikely) and have the permission from everyone whose assets are used, I will consider releasing all source code, assets, and project files. Even if it came to that, anyone who wanted to even open or run the project inside the engine would need Unity Pro as well as paid versions of all plugins and assets used, aside from editor plugins that I have created myself specifically for this project. 

Anyway, to everyone else, expect updates soon! I just finished finals but am busy until early June, afterwards I will resume work on REDUX

18 hours ago, bphillips09 said:

anyone who wanted to even open or run the project inside the engine would need Unity Pro as well as paid versions of all plugins and assets used, aside from editor plugins that I have created myself specifically for this project. 

I just want to note that I have Unity Pro and I think I will be able to buy the paid versions of the plugins and assets. So it wouldn´t be a problem for me to use the project files, I think. 

Pretty great!

I really hope you recreate LI2 and IXS sometime. I would prefer IXS. I know that one's newer and already has a good engine, but I love that island and that game more than LI2.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Pretty great!

I really hope you recreate LI2 and IXS sometime. I would prefer IXS. I know that one's newer and already has a good engine, but I love that island and that game more than LI2.

In case someone want to create a LI2 re-creation in Unity, here are the scene and models I have compiled in Unity. Simply import the Unitypackage into Unity. 

Link: https://mega.nz/#!uwYVWKSa!WDke0c0rOgdXITSeXSnm4_Ns0n39KlArwC40tdcKbBc

17 hours ago, Edwin said:

I would prefer IXS. I know that one's newer and already has a good engine,

its way more unstable and hard to run on newer PCs than LI2

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jessietail said:

In that case, it could be worthwhile to adapt IXS in Unity using Rogod´s scripts, once the releases the source code for his Rock Raiders Unity re-creation when it is finished. It is possible to rip the majority of the models in IXS using 3D Ripper DX. 

Fluffy Cupcake
7 hours ago, tomfyhr said:

It is possible to rip the majority of the models in IXS using 3D Ripper DX. 

Although if we had someone dedicated to making a converter for the model formats that would be much cleaner than using ripper X. Thoooough I don't think we have any reverse engineers that can program who is dedicated enough for that.

3 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Although if we had someone dedicated to making a converter for the model formats that would be much cleaner than using ripper X. Thoooough I don't think we have any reverse engineers that can program who is dedicated enough for that.

True, but 3D ripper DX is the only viable alternative for now. The workload will be less, if it is divided by various members. Does "global system monitoring" need to be enabled for 3D Ripper DX to recognize IXS, or is it possible to run from the executable file? 

Is there a cheat engine that can make the user go out-of-bounds and rip entire scenes/levels? 

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, tomfyhr said:

Does "global system monitoring" need to be enabled for 3D Ripper DX to recognize IXS, or is it possible to run from the executable file? 

Is there a cheat engine that can make the user go out-of-bounds and rip entire scenes/levels? 

I don't remember.

Sorta. It's a WIP and hasn't been posted yet.

On 2017-05-13 at 2:29 AM, Jessietail said:

I agree, I still haven't been able to make it work on Windows 10. We should prioritize a IXS-unity project before anything else.

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2017 at 10:00 AM, DarkianMaker said:

@bphillips09 The site is back! :D Have you made any progress over the summer?

I have! More info coming soon!

Also, since we've been away for a while, does anyone have any changes, suggestions, or bugs to report for the next version?

• Like 1

Well, I believe there isn't anything we haven't discussed already, guess new things will pop up when we know more about what has been done this summer :)

Hi there, I tried downloading the game, but OrangeDox can't find the link for it. Could you please fix the link? Thanks!

Edited by Terrev
Removing massive post quote

10 hours ago, chrislowe87 said:

Hi there, I tried downloading the game, but OrangeDox can't find the link for it. Could you please fix the link? Thanks!

Perhaps they've been deleted to make way for his new version he mentioned above? Thought they were working only the other day.

11 hours ago, chrislowe87 said:

30 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Perhaps they've been deleted to make way for his new version he mentioned above? Thought they were working only the other day.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine was logged into my dropbox on the dropbox app for Windows, and wanted to clear some space on his PC, so he deleted the dropbox folder. He didn't realize that it would delete the actual dropbox content, though. Even more unfortunately, when I try to restore all the files on dropbox.com, the webpage crashes (presumably because it's over 3000 small project files). 

I will add a new download link soon, however!

Glad the website is finally back ! So, a while ago we talked about the minifigures and their walking animation, but there's something that bugged me since then; would it be possible for you to use the original character models and animations instead of creating new ones ?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 8:57 PM, Xana Lyoko said:

Glad the website is finally back ! So, a while ago we talked about the minifigures and their walking animation, but there's something that bugged me since then; would it be possible for you to use the original character models and animations instead of creating new ones ?

It's not possible for me to pull the original animations from the game.

However, if they were to be recreated (preferably in Maya, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, or Blender), I can use them no problem. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 2:57 PM, RobberBaron said:

Will the download link be back up soon?

The newest version will be out very soon! (I'm aiming for before January 1st, maybe mid-January at the latest).

My brother surprised me for Christmas by recreating the Hospital theme music for REDUX, so I'm going to put that in before the release. It's actually really good and a big step towards getting the entire soundtrack recreated. 

• Like 2

Almost ready! Quick question: At the start of the game, you rather have the car be 

1. where it is now?

2. the last place you left it?

3. outside the infocenter?

4 minutes ago, bphillips09 said:

Almost ready! Quick question: At the start of the game, you rather have the car be 

1. where it is now?

2. the last place you left it?

3. outside the infocenter?

#4 - Someone else is driving it.

While 1 & 3 might be funny for a while, they could get annoying. My pick is 2. Unless... the brickster leaves a note saying he stole your car.

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX
  • lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.