Windows 7 64 bit: RR Crashes on Startup

SiegDerMaus

SiegDerMaus

Hello! Recently, I decided to dig out my old copy of Rock Raiders for nostalgia purposes. However, it will no work on my computer. The game launches, as the settings I have applied for it in compatibility mode are applied, but I never see a movie, or loading screen, or anything. I really hope I can get it working again!

I have run into this problem as well. I just recently bought a copy of the game and installed it on my computer but every time I try to run it I get the dialogue box asking me if I want to run Lego Rock Radiers and I click OK but as soon as I do the game closes. No loading screen or anything. I checked the processes via task manager and soon after I click run it disappears. Even with compabitity modes selected.

I am also running windows 7: 64 bit.

If I find out the problem as well I'll be sure to post back on here how I got it working. (Unless someone else knows what to do! HELP)

Found out the problem. It was the DRM that isn't supported anymore by Microsoft. 

This thread has the links to the answers on how to fix it.

I'll link the actual Microsoft webpage  as well to get straight to the commands. Basically open the command prompt in administrator and then put the code in to start up the DRM service. And then stop it when you are done with the other command on the site. 

Hope this helps!

SiegDerMaus

That seems to have worked, thanks!

Never mind. I get the loading screen now, and then it crashes right where the opening movie should start.

Fluffy Cupcake

Are you running in RGB Emulation or Direct3D HAL?

And if that question ain't helpful, try copying the videos off your disc into the \Data\Avi folder

Fluffy Cupcake

You do get this option when you start the game directly from the .exe (not shortcut) no?

Mode_Selection.png

Anyhow, Direct3D HAL is always the route to go for success with this game.

SiegDerMaus

I got it working! Unfortunately, it seems to my Rock Raiders have developed a rare disease that makes whole sections of their body transparent or invisible. I'd like to find a cure for these poor afflicted Lego men.

Edit: I'll make a new thread for it, since this is a separate issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.