LEGO UI Failure Racers - Small issue with missing textures/images

Ben24x7

I have recently purchased a cheap copy of LEGO Racers and I am encountering visual errors, mainly in terms of blank UI, Sprite and Tire (or Tyre) textures.

Let me get something straight; I first installed the game onto my sister's 1280x800 Windows 7 laptop and it all works well. Nothing wrong, no missing cutscenes, no missing textures, no low frame-rates, nothing wrong so far.

Now, I didn't get it onto my computer at first since, well, my Mac's Superdrive has died (if you don't know what that is, it's basically the Mac's DVD or CD reader) meaning I couldn't download the game normally. My sister came up with the idea of transferring the setup files to my computer via putting them onto a USB.

Notably the game installed faster, and my Computer's cool-down fan showed no signs of hard processing, unlike it did with my sister's laptop during installation, and the game is able to play cutscenes, play the game's music and runs with a decently high frame-rate.

Sounds good?

It does before you are greeted with this;

Spoiler

WqNM9Iu.png

HPRFCWQ.png

As can be seen, certain textures, such as the aforementioned UI, Sprites and Tires (or Tyres) are pretty much missing.

I have done what I can to fix this, which includes switching to 16-Bit colour, shrinking my screen resolution to that of my sister's and enabling and disabling 'Run as Administrator'.

If anyone has other suggestions on how I could fix this, except for getting my Superdrive fixed or replaced, then please speak-up.

Thank you for taking time to read this and I hope that, if anyone else is experiencing this issue, any suggestions on how to fix this will help them.

--Ben24x7--

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I recall seeing an image like that before, be it someone else on this forum having the same problem. It definitely seems to be a transparency issue.

27 minutes ago, Xiron said:

I think I recall seeing an image like that before, be it someone else on this forum having the same problem. It definitely seems to be a transparency issue.

I don't know if it is the topic you meant, but I have seen aidenpon's report on this issue, albiet A. He uses Windows 10 and B. There is no mention of the solutions he was told to try working. The only response he received of help from what I've seen is to take out the Intro cutscenes and change the resolution of the game, both of which I tried that don't work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.