no supported modes found

Hawkman978

Hello, I recently bought a copy of rock raiders and it installed just fine.  It would not however load on my computer (windows 7 professional). I installed the missing d3 code.  and it still wouldn't even give me loading screen (i tried all of the compatibility options in properties none worked).  So i installed the Microsoft windows XP emulator.  When being run in the emulator the game now will show the loading screen but says the game couldn't find a directx d3 accelerator.  I found the way around this by opening the game through the EXE file.   the game then loads but a screen pops up to select the playing mode and in the window size section for both full screen and windowed option it says "no supported 32 and 16 bit modes found" respectively.   (this is on windows virtual pc emulator).   I looked at the color options and the only one listed on the emulator is the 16 bit option.  i have no idea whats wrong can you help?

You need to change your desktop's background colour...

... I have no clue how to do that in a virtual machine but you should be able to find it under some form of Display Settings somewhere. Right-click desktop -> Properties, maybe?

Where did you get your d3drm.dll from? Ironically the one on the disk didn't solve my problems - I got it off my LI1 disk. l405G.jpg

Also, run as admin, that always helps.

Fluffy Cupcake

As aidenpons said, you need to change your display to 16-bit mode instead of the 32-bit it is on by default to get any of the options under windowed working. Don't ask why it works like that, not even we know.

42 minutes ago, Xiron said:

As aidenpons said, you need to change your display to 16-bit mode instead of the 32-bit it is on by default to get any of the options under windowed working. Don't ask why it works like that, not even we know.

it's LRR

it's fussy

QED

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.