If LUNI ever actually finishes - would you play it?

Onegreatrace

Onegreatrace

(By finishes, I mean an actual playable game.)

I sadly have completely forgotten everything about the game, and it made me think: If LUNI finished, would I replay it? I was thinking I probably would, but then again, another one of my chilldhood favorite MMOs was recently remade, and I was bored. I feel that LEGO Universe would be different though. Another thought I had: how would the dynamic of the game change if it was singlelplayer only?

Discuss.

It's playable, not like the original full game, but it's playable.

I yelled at Darwin a month and a half ago about LUNI with interest in trying it out. He said it was very dead due to developers leaving and their code being poor, cryptic, and uncommented, so I decided to not bother.

Lind Whisperer
53 minutes ago, Onegreatrace said:

(By finishes, I mean an actual playable game.)

I sadly have completely forgotten everything about the game, and it made me think: If LUNI finished, would I replay it? I was thinking I probably would, but then again, another one of my chilldhood favorite MMOs was recently remade, and I was bored. I feel that LEGO Universe would be different though. Another thought I had: how would the dynamic of the game change if it was singlelplayer only?

Discuss.

LUNI's on hold, DLU's the only one actually being worked on.

I plan to play the heck out of it, though, if they do actually finish it. It's LEGO Universe - it'll never get old. And by the time it does start getting a bit repetitive, people will have figured out how to make additional worlds+content+etc.

If it gets finished.

I never played Lego Universe back when it was live. I have no memories of the game I want to relive, but I often wonder what it was like. I probably wouldn't play it regularly, but I'd at least try it out once.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'd play it for a bit, and then shortly stop if I had no one I was seriously playing along side with.

I would definitely try it since I missed out on the live LU. Although I saw an early trailer several years ago, I never knew that LEGO actually had its own MMOG until after it closed. Blockland is the only online LEGO-like game that I've played, but it has gotten worse lately.

Dazzgracefulmoon

I'd only really play it for nostalgia's sake. The biggest advantage about LU over Worlds, is that it has a much bigger pool of bricks, but arguably more clunky building.

1 hour ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

The biggest advantage about LU over Worlds, is that it has a much bigger pool of bricks, but arguably more clunky building.

Mostly because the brick inventory was inexcusable trash. Other than that, LEGO Universe's building was pretty much a lift of LDD.

11 hours ago, Onegreatrace said:

...how would the dynamic of the game change if it was singleplayer only?

Not too much, I guess LU was designed to at least be playable by one person, but it'd disappoint players who want to play with others and assemble a team.

Would I like LU to come back? Kinda.

Back when it was live I was a Free To Play player for the entirety of LU's life before it got shut down, and anyone who has played LU as an F2P knows that you cannot leave for Nexus Station, you are stuck on Avard Gardens (or whatever it's called) where the game becomes a quest and money grind just to build stuff on the only property available.

So it wouldn't be an enjoyable experience to come back to LEGO Universe after so long and discover that I'm forever stuck on a barren rock. If there was a version which could somehow remove the F2P limitations, then I'd definitely want to play it for a short while.

Lind Whisperer
10 hours ago, Ben24x7 said:

...Avard Gardens...

Avant Gardens. As in Avant-gardens.

It's a pun, like 95% of LU.

Dazzgracefulmoon

2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Avant Gardens. As in Avant-gardens.

It's a pun, like 95% of LU.

I only just realized a week ago that Mr. Ree was "Mystery".

lol username

The puns were even stronger in earlier concepts (Youreeka = a town with inventors and skunks, Tar-ranno Forest Wrecks = a forest with lots of dinosaur bones and tar pits - there were also Tarbucks, coffee shops that presumably made coffee out of the tar). I'm pretty sure they just came up with those joke names first and then tried making things out of them.

I never have and never will understand the fascination with LEGO Universe. I'd only be interested in the technical side; how it was brought together.

4 minutes ago, Ben2x4 said:

I'd only be interested in the technical side; how it was brought together.

Duct tape. Lots and lots of duct tape.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.