LEGO Racers multiplayer on Windows 7

ChileToast

So the other day I was trying to play LEGO Racers with another person on my windows 7 machine, (one of us using an Xbox 360 USB controller, and one of us using the keyboard) so I went to the settings and tried to change the player 1 and 2 controls, and when I try to go into the menu, the game crashes. I managed to get around this though by going straight into multiplayer and choosing controls from the "config" option during car selection, but after about five seconds of racing, the game crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's beginning to get very frustrating, as I already had to change some settings in order to get the game to run in Win7 in the first place (credit goes to this post: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/1006-running-lego-racers-1-on-win7/?page=1#entry60427 )

Update: Fixed the problem by running the program in compatibility mode for windows vista... who would've thunk? :S

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I have the same everything. Xbox controller, same Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (which I don't need compatibility settings to get the game running as you do), 2001 versions of Racers (as we discussed you had in the chat), and I don't get this problem. I assume this is a hardware problem that I can't relate to, and as such, makes troubleshooting this problem extremely difficult from my end. Maybe someone else can help you better....?

I assumed when you mentioned the 360 controller that that was the problem. I'm surprised the game recognised it... (Xinput rather than DirectInput)

EDIT: Huh... It appears 360 controllers have some functionality on DirectInput.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:22 AM, Xiron said:

I have the same everything. Xbox controller, same Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (which I don't need compatibility settings to get the game running as you do), 2001 versions of Racers (as we discussed you had in the chat), and I don't get this problem. I assume this is a hardware problem that I can't relate to, and as such, makes troubleshooting this problem extremely difficult from my end. Maybe someone else can help you better....?

Oh well, I appreciate the effort regardless. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.