Your interest in Eco-Lego

Fush

Would you buy the first eco-friendly Lego set?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the first eco-friendly Lego set?

• Yes, it's a huge milestone in the company's history and I'd like to be a part of that
    • Yes, I want to support environmental conservation efforts
    • Maybe, if it's a set I'm interested in
    • I don't care about owning the very first, but being environmentally friendly might make me more inclined to buy other sets down the line
    • I don't care about the switch at all, I will continue my current buying habits
    • If the quality remains consistent, I might consider buying some, otherwise I'm out
    • I refuse to buy any bricks that are not ABS plastic

I recently was thinking, with Lego looking into environmentally substitutes for their plastic, soon we might get the first non-abs Lego set. I don't yet know what it will be our when it will arrive, but it occurred to me that it is kind of a big deal. There might be people who would buy it just fit the novelty, even if the set itself didn't interest them, while on the other hand some people may be resistant to change. I would like to hear the opinions of this forum.

I'd rather they stick to plastic. They're going to do what they want anyway though...

EDIT: I don't like the idea of mixing the two brick materials together in a build. Some people are bound to do that to piece together a set to sell on... D:

• Like 1

It's science.

Science is awesome.

I'd love me some new awesome science bricks.

A vote against the new science bricks is a vote against science.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Alcom Isst said:

It's science.

Science is awesome.

I'd love me some new awesome science bricks.

A vote against the new science bricks is a vote against science.

137ogtq.png

• Like 3

There's no way in heck they'll move to a new material unless it is just as durable as and qualitatively consistent with the current plastics they use. So I'm not concerned with that or any of the questions it leads to (e.g. backwards compatibility).

If and when the change does happen, I still plan to be buying LEGO so I don't doubt I'll own sets with it. Maybe not the first set, though.

"Back in my days they made toys out of wood..."

"Back in my days..."-jokes* aside I just stay in "Let's see, how those bricks are going to be, when I am holding them in my hands and/or read a good review"-camp since I don't know, if they will be good/equal/worse compared to the current bricks (I assume/hope, that they will be of similar or higher quality). Personally I see the new material(s) (maybe they will use several ones) as a nice feature, but not as the sole reason, why I want to buy a set**.

Spoiler

actually they made toys out of wood^^

Spoiler

plot twist: self referencial set: a modular house, that is a LEGO store. Features: it will sell bricks out of the new and the old material and the player can set up different scenarios like:

a)minifigures only buying the new material (the set will also come with a hype-train)

b)minifigures burning the new material (bonus: imagine, if has the same properties like the material of the T-1000 XD)

c)epic battle between fans of the old and fans of the new material

d)and finally: some lame store scene (life goes on as usual)

For an additional plot twist bonus: Announce, that this wasn't the first set containing bricks with the new material and just watch how people react (from happy fans to angry mob).

• Like 2

lol username

I haven't bought lego for years, and I don't see that changing any time soon, but good on them for doing something nice.

I don't do any Modern-LEGO collecting anyway, but that's nice I guess. I just hope that the quality isn't degraded as a result.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.