Sounds+

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Sometimes, I like to relax and listen to the ambient sounds of a game's audio, but there are times when said audio has noticeable key points in looping audio, or the audio is just non-existent altogether.

So now here I am creating a mod that not only updates the audio by "improving" it, but also adding it to places where it never existed before!

I highly recommend being in a quiet environment whilest watching for the full experience.

This mod is still a WIP, and I've only gotten the first world done as well as a few common sounds, but I do hope to eventually tackle the rest of the worlds too!

Notes:

*Since the video I have lowered the rain volume as it was a bit to intrusive.

*I'm not sure what to do with the beeping at the science lab/Xalax portal (shared) at this time, I haven't really had any luck finding any suitable soft beeps.

Downloads

Sandy Bay+Misc: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5f78gvw2ymyzyjs/Sounds%2B.zip

WRL Injector (unless you want to use a hex editor to install the above file): http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4zlkl101uc0ptz/WRLInjector.bat

This program injects WrlSB files into Sandy.wrl,
WrlDI files into Dino.wrl,
WrlMa files into Mars.wrl,
WrlAr files into Arctic.wrl,
WrlXa files into Xalax.wrl.

The .bat and Wrl[World] files need to be in the same folder as the WRL, otherwise nothing will happen. If it isn't working, make sure the WRL file isn't in a write protected folder! (You may need to move it to desktop)

Definitely a huge improvement, good job.

Now if you could just work your magic on the music so that's not the same brain-melting, pain-inducing riff that has come to define Sandy Bay as the most horrible place in the entire game, that'd be fantastic.

Fluffy Cupcake

You don't like Sandy Bay's music? That's too bad. Well, you can't say it is as bad as the menu music which is played everywhere but races/battles. :P

If I was a composer, maybe I'd try my hand at making an enhanced or remixed version of the music track that is more likeable, but alas that is not the case. So you'll have to stick with Shadowblazes mod (composed specifically for this game) or the unique music mod and put your own music for the time being (I can't really recommend option two for this mod though).

I'd try implementing the unique music mod, but to many sounds playing at once causes cut-offs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I like where this is going. Speaking of is there a way to have more than one sound for the start lights. instead of using one sound for the three lights I would like to have a sound for Each light?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.