Cutscenes won't play without the disc inserted?

ChileToast

Hi! Please excuse my ignorance, I'm fairly confident that someone on here has already asked this question, but does anyone know a way to "patch" the game in order to make cutscenes and music play without the disc inserted? Thanks! :satisfied:

If you game runs without the disc, then you should be able to just copy the cutscene movie files into the /data/AVI/ directory in the LegoRR install directory.

Music is a bit tricky because it's on a separate part of the disc as an Audio CD partition. You'd have to burn the files to another Audio CD.

Confirmed, you can even load custom cutscenes this way.

As for music, I thought there was a tool that loaded music into the game without the CD. Maybe it was Cafeteria.

Fluffy Cupcake
2 hours ago, Cirevam said:

Maybe it was Cafeteria.

It plays music, but custom music in a folder.

Actually, I had the CD from another game in at one time, and it started playing music from that disc, so maybe it allows that too.

5 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Actually, I had the CD from another game in at one time, and it started playing music from that disc, so maybe it allows that too.

LegoRR looks for Track01.cda through to Track12.cda on the audio track of a CD. That means if you have any disc in your drive that has an audio layer burned, it'll play those tracks, under the assumption they're the original LegoRR ones (even if they're completely different). If you want to play your heavy metal while playing LegoRR, simply pop in a Slayer CD.

Note that certain music, such as the Mission Summary screen or the Main Menu music, is actually put into the game's files on the hard-drive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.