Rock Raiders Flickering when using Nvidia graphics card.

Cap't Rex

It seem's im having a problem with the game once more. Everytime i launch it using the GT 555m nvidia gpu, the game has lots of flickering. 

When I launch the game using Intel Hd, it runs normally. What is the cause of this, and how to solve this problem?

16 minutes ago, Cap't Rex said:

I also get this error code after the crash:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    LegoRR.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    37eeb911
  Fault Module Name:    nvumdshim.dll
  Fault Module Version:    8.17.12.6721
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4d5eada0
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00003b50
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    9558
  Additional Information 2:    95581b9b97024df11baea5c5862add41
  Additional Information 3:    f8a9
  Additional Information 4:    f8a98547c93184c4e448eb6d932aee25

Wait, you actually get an error code? :o Shocking!

Quick run-through checklist:

1) Run as admin?

2) Compatibility for as far back as you can go?

3) Run windowed?

4) No AMD card?

5) Take the CD out of your CD drive and run that way if you can / disable videos - if you know how to do that, great, if you don't just reply & I'll explain

Just now, aidenpons said:

Wait, you actually get an error code? :o Shocking!

Quick run-through checklist:

1) Run as admin?

2) Compatibility for as far back as you can go?

3) Run windowed?

4) No AMD card?

5) Take the CD out of your CD drive and run that way if you can / disable videos - if you know how to do that, great, if you don't just reply & I'll explain

Yes, an actual error code was seen (I agree its a bit rare as its just usually lrr.exe stopped working). Though luckily, I managed to fix the issues by updating the nvidia driver. Seems the older drivers dont like the game for some reason.

New Problem. whenever Rock raiders is launched using the nvidia gt 555m, it has tons of flickering that makes the game unplayable. Somehow it runs normally on the garbage intel HD graphics. What's the best way to fix this? 

I don't think that the gt 555m is broken since the flickering only occurs in rock raiders, 

It runs fine on my 970, but I've had problems with it on a 650m. Integrated graphics has never given me issues. I run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 2000.

Doesn't -fom or something help...? I can't remember all the parameters but I do remember that one switched helped with something...

that's awfully descriptive, but I know it was some issue about non-AMD (and non-Win 10) and usually LRR's fine with that...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.