Roller Coaster Tycoon 2/OpenRct2 Parks Screenshots

someswedish

For those of you who own Rct2 on disk, steam or GoG. There is some good news for those who enjoyed it in the past.

OpenRct2 is a project that expands the old game by fixing bugs and adding new features such as sandbox mode, day/night cycle, cheats and multiplayer.

I have spend quite a bit of my free time building a park in a custom made map and decided to make this post to share it and promote anybody else to post their parks as well

b8HC11x.png

This is the park i have been working on called "Zen River Amusement Park"

The idea behind this park is to divide the parks into areas laid out with roads in which i try would keep the rides inside, besides the yellow caterpillar ride i think i did a fairly decent job on the park. If i work on the park more in future I'll post new pics of the new rides and scenery i made.

Hope you enjoyed and share you parks as well.

• Like 2

Oh hey, an OpenRCT2 topic! As this is here, I may as well show off my WIP sandbox park:

Txzp9jx.jpg

(shoving the rest of the park in spoilers because there's an arseton of images...)

Spoiler

Welcome to this rather large moneyless park I've been running for a week or so, Excite Gardens! First up, the entrance:

9e08Kcs.jpg

Did this all by hand in the scenario editor before I downloaded the OpenRCT2 mod, which was... fun? Much longer than it should have been? Yeah, probably the latter.

zPYZjtb.jpg

First up, a couple of small rides by the entrance-way and a lil' coaster called Tiny Twister. I'll probably remove the Observation Tower due to hardly anyone actually riding it, but it's still there because... reasons? Anyways, this leads onto...

SUjEdBh.jpg

...Main St USA Excite Boulevard! :P I'm still working on ways to try and make this area a bit better-looking, but it'll do for the mo. The tramline running through the centre leads towards...

ILxPCxb.jpg

...Central Square! The roman coliseum in the middle is probably gonna be replaced at some point, but I'm still pretty happy with what I've done so far. But what are those hideously coloured 'coasters, you may ask? Well, we're getting to them now...

REXt4Sc.jpg

Sonic Adventure - City Escape! Why? Because the houses reminded me of the ones in that level, that's why. Also I can't get that bloody song out of my head, please send help. The black-and-red track comes from the ride next door, which is...

Y5mYtuu.jpg

...Shadow the Edgehog. Not sure why I did this, but it did help bulk out the area a tad, even if I hate the existence of said character. The orange track belongs to yet another Sanic-themed coaster, which is...

3Sslefg.jpg

...Crisis City! This ride used to have music from here, but because of RCT2's limit for custom tracks (only 2) I had to remove it for the next major 'coaster...

EByc6gy.jpg

...RETRY! Yes, it's based off that mobile game with the planes. And yes, I mainly put it in because of this music. Also because the planes from the train type reminded me of the game. Onwards to...

Af9iQID.jpg

...nothing! There's literally nothing in this bit here yet. The only purpose of this path is to link up the city area and the next area...

rTXUyPh.jpg

...Rome! This section of the park is also quite coaster-heavy, and links up to both the path in the previous picture and the main square. The big woodie is ZEUS, and it's one of the more popular rides in the park (probably because it's so massive). The other rollercoaster in the image is a vertical drop, and it's called...

YkiFVOU.jpg

...PERSEUS! It pretty much started out as just a vertical drop into several coliseums stacked on top of each other, and then sorta went from there. It's not amazing, but it'll do. Lastly, there's...

xEK2w4P.jpg

...THOR! It's a small launched coaster, and it's mainly there to fill up that corner. For what it is, it's pretty swell. I'll probably add another ride or two to fill out the rest of that space, but other than that it's pretty good.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it so far. As I said before, the whole thing's still a constant WIP so feel free to comment on anything that may need improving. Also, congrats if you made it this far. Have an imaginary cookie.

PS: Out of interest, how many of you would be interested in an RRU OpenRCT2 server? If enough people showed interest, I'd happily host one someday. Just askin'.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.