"LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens" announced!

Ayliffe

You know what time it is kids? That's right, it's new TT game time again!

So, the Warner Bros team sent out a quick press release teasing "a massive announcement" at some point today. However, Amazon.it clearly didn't get the memo and put up a full listing for the game anyways (which has now been taken down, by the by). The game itself, you ask? Why, it's LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Here, have a leaked trailer:

It hadn't really sunk in for me how far TT games has progressed graphically until I saw that trailer. Pretty darn near photo-realistic animation going on there.

So we aren't calling it Star Wars 4. I guess that makes sense, especially considering the currently widely-distributed release of the first two is the Complete Saga, a non-numbered game as well.

Looks like the code found in Lego Worlds was right.

It looks nice graphically but ehhhh... I'm not excited. The humor seems way too excessive nowadays. The original Lego Star Wars games pulled it off well, but now I feel like it's going overboard.

And I'm pretty sure it'll have dialogue straight from the movie - this was a nice practice in LoTR and original Lego games, but I'm getting kinda tired of it too. At least they're not remaking The Complete Saga with movie dialogue.

• Like 2

Decent-resolution trailer? Sure, why not:

Also a bit more info here:

The game will debut across all major platforms — Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — but PS3 and PS4 owners will have access to exclusive downloadable content.

The Force Awakens' Lego adaptation will not only cover the 2015 film, but introduce new content filling in the gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

Also new: a "Multi-Build" option and Blaster Battles, both unique to this Lego game. Players will also be able to pilot the Millennium Falcon while playing as various characters from the film, like Finn, Poe Dameron and Rey.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens will also receive a season pass, although details remain scant on what it will include or its release schedule. A Deluxe Edition copy of the game, detailed by the game's official website, promises access to the season pass content in full; it also comes with an exclusive FN-2187 (otherwise known as Finn) Lego figure.

I'm not so chuffed about the idea of a "deluxe" edition and extra DLC (can we stop with the excessive DLC please?), but other than that you can count me as interested. 

I might actually buy this game + the DLC.

5 hours ago, Xiron said:

As if anyone didn't.

I think you missed the unstated buy obvious sarcasm. :P

Hooray! LSW Recycle #19!

I'm going to have to agree with Ostoya on the humor being excessive.  TT's LEGO Games have always featured silly cutscenes, but lately they've been trying too hard. Might consider getting it since I enjoyed the first two games, although I'm sort of disappointed that the LEGO styles don't match (I should really shut up about this, but I feel it's necessary here since it isn't SWTCW or some other spin-off). Graphics look amazing too!

Would somebody like to explain to me why the related videos of the OP are Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, Game of Thrones and... BloodBorne? I know of the existence of the first three but have paid little attention to them (wandered onto Shovel Knight's steam store page and wandered out again l405G.jpg)...

Regarding the announcement:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, AaronBurner05 said:

Graphics look amazing too!

I doubt this is gameplay, but it would be cool if the cutscenes looked this good.

2 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Would somebody like to explain to me why the related videos of the OP are Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, Game of Thrones and... BloodBorne?

Probably has to do with the tags. Youtube's related videos go a little wonky when a video's new or it doesn't have many views, so it just throws out anything slightly related to the title or tags.

• 1 month later...
Dazzgracefulmoon

I like it, it seems to add some variety in the much needed formula. I'm just not sure about the freeform flight, but the starfox esque flight scenes look just fine!

Dazzgracefulmoon

This talks a little more in-depth about their experiences with the game, and the game itself sounds neat so far!

• 1 month later...

Vehicle stuff isn't as revamped as I would've liked, but just the change in camera placement they've made is a vast improvement on what they were doing before. The original Star Wars games are fun, but I always found the vehicle parts super laborious. 

McJobless

Wow! It looks as awfully tedious and crap as every other Tt Game! What a surprise!

• Like 3

Dazzgracefulmoon

I'm not really surprised that they got the new cast and some of the familiar stars of the movie franchise to do some VA work, but how in the WORLD did they manage to get harrison ford to do this? I'd imagine there must have been big sacks of money involved.

3 hours ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

I'm not really surprised that they got the new cast and some of the familiar stars of the movie franchise to do some VA work, but how in the WORLD did they manage to get harrison ford to do this? I'd imagine there must have been big sacks of money involved.

Definitely, but I'd bet it also has something to do with Lego's present reputation as a unequivocal good in the world.

Only us wacko fans actually think they're worth finding any sort of fault with. Us and a few radical activists.

• Like 2

Dazzgracefulmoon

well, ford doesn't exactly like returning to the role of han solo, so the last thing I'd expect for him to do is voice him in a star wars game.

either way, I'm pretty excited for the voice acting alone. that's definitely what I like the most.

elrunethe2nd

Looks like the humor is completely overcooked (as it was in Lego Jurassic World) and the gameplay is largely unchanged. Sigh. 

At least Tt's license to make this formulaic stuff expires soon. 

TheDiplomat
18 minutes ago, elrunethe2nd said:

Looks like the humor is completely overcooked (as it was in Lego Jurassic World)...

Well, if it's overcooked, maybe they'll at least get a few burns in.

I... I'm sorry.

In all honesty, though, humor wasn't completely disregarded in LJW, from what playthroughs I've seen. I mean, none of it was laugh-out-loud: just some visual gags, slapstick, having characters eaten in the movies escape death... But it's not like LSW did anything much funnier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.