LR random black bits - SOLVED

aidenpons

Okay, so I updated my computer to Windows 10. To my surprise, LR manages to start if I run it as admin & in compatibility mode (else it fusses about "unable to set message drain."

However, the transparency seems to have broken:

large.56aea6a71a5a2_Brokenmenu.png.756ac

large.BrokenGame.png.446b8b08c2f55c5467f

Also, the loading screen flags/icons have pink backgrounds to them.

It's possible that the installation is awry - I just copied the files across - but to me that seems unlikely.

Is there anything I can do?

Works fine for me on Win10. Remove the compatibility mode and add -novideo to the shortcut's target. This will fix the message drain error. (Also disables the intro video, duh.)

Like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe" -novideo

Additionally, if you want, you can up the resolution by adding -horzres=1920 and -vertres=1080

Like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe" -novideo -horzres 1920 -vertres 1080

The menus won't make use of the extra screen resolution, but the races will. :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Not random, but rather transparency failure. This also includes the pink flag backgrounds. Oh wait you said that.

But yeah, give what mumboK said above a try with the compatibility stuff disabled (and then you are free to enable afterwards if it fails).

10 hours ago, mumboking said:

Works fine for me on Win10. Remove the compatibility mode and add -novideo to the shortcut's target. This will fix the message drain error. (Also disables the intro video, duh.)

Like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe" -novideo

Additionally, if you want, you can up the resolution by adding -horzres=1920 and -vertres=1080

Like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe" -novideo -horzres 1920 -vertres 1080

The menus won't make use of the extra screen resolution, but the races will. :)

-novideo was already on (I turn it on by default and didn't know it got rid of the message drain error). However, taking compatibility off hasn't helped. It's also running as admin, but that will hardly be bad for it l405G.jpg

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.