Windows 7 64-bit: LegoRR crashes on startup

SMLC

Seems that everyone has trouble with Rock Raiders on Windows 7 64-bit AMD machines. I should've gotten the Intel one. :P

Anyway, after letting months slide since my last attempt I tried to get the PC game working on my laptop again.

My computer is a Windows 7 64-bit machine, with AMD A6-6310 APU and Radeon R4 integrated graphics. It has 8 GB of RAM.

Install worked fine. The game crashes on startup. Neither of the shortcuts nor the .exe itself work. I have tried compatibility options with no luck. Also tried the recommended "-ftm" tag, with no luck.

When I try to start the game, compatibility options (like display changes) will kick in, but in a few seconds the dreaded "LegoRR.exe has stopped working" window appears, and that's it. I never get to see the display options screen (where you can set the color depth and such) or the splash screen.

I tried making changes with CLGen.exe, but for some reason the changes never save. Every time I start CLGen.exe, it reverts to "Default".

I also tried booting into Safe Mode, with no luck.

Any chance someone recognizes a solution to this problem? I've never had CLGen behave that way before.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, I assume you've made this topic because none of the options in the mega AMD support thread worked. In that case, I don't know if anyone else has a solution, because we're trying to get them all gathered over there, sorry. :\

On 9/01/2016 at 10:50 AM, SMLC said:

My computer is a Windows 7 64-bit machine, with AMD A6-6310 APU and Radeon R4 integrated graphics. It has 8 GB of RAM.ore.

There's your problem l405G.jpg

On 1/9/2016 at 6:59 PM, Xiron said:

Well, I assume you've made this topic because none of the options in the mega AMD support thread worked. In that case, I don't know if anyone else has a solution, because we're trying to get them all gathered over there, sorry. :\

Right, I did check that topic thoroughly.

It seems odd though because most of the AMD problems are of the lag or "splash screen then crash" kind. In my case, it's hardly started before it crashes.

I guess I'll have to get an older computer of some kind. :zzz: Thanks anyways.:thumbsup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.