Island Xtreme Stunts (GBA) Playthrough

Mr. Ash

As directed by my poll results (thanks again to the voters for their suggestions!), I present to everyone a playthrough series of the Gameboy Advance version of Island Xtreme Stunts

Just a few notes about the game:

• Unlike the main version, this port is completely oriented around minigames - there (sadly) isn't an open world to explore
  • Most of the PC's minigame titles are present, but some of the objectives are completely different. For example, "Air Chase" will have you either shoot nets at boats or catch falling passengers (the final level combines both tasks)
  • There are also three new minigames: "Pizza Overload", "Skate Park", and "Loosen Up"
  • Interestingly, this port seems to be a lot more connected to the LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts Theme than the PC version

Enjoy the series!

Edited by AaronBurner05
  • Like 1

lol username

How did you get gold on pizza overload.

What.

That minigame taunted me with anything hardly over a bronze when I played it as a kid. Maybe I got a silver on the easiest difficulty/first building, once.

What.

(Also the sound is a lot different than you get out of an actual GBA speaker, but eh, not much you can do about that I guess)

2 hours ago, jamesster said:

That minigame taunted me with anything hardly over a bronze when I played it as a kid. Maybe I got a silver on the easiest difficulty/first building, once

Same here - I never completed the game as a kid because some of the medal score requirements were insane! Partly why I had so much difficulty winning Pizza Overload in the past was my own fault because I always tossed pizzas off-screen and never paid attention to the score multipliers at the end. It's also better to build up large combos instead of eliminating pizzas ASAP, although that itself becomes much harder to do when extra pizza types are added

Updating because I finished the secret challenges and added them to the playlist. Also a few notes on that:

• I kept turning into walls toward the end of Freeway Frenzy because I was trying to locate some helpful shortcuts I found earlier, but I got lost in the streets and failed the challenge
  • Motorbike Mayhem was the only challenge I passed in the video, although I beat Skate Park off-camera without cheating
  • The L and R buttons are supposed to let you spine transfer between sections of the Skate Park, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. My method in winning this challenge is to use the narrowest halfpipe and continuously perform three grab tricks to get 150 points (not counting the continuation bonus) each time

I always liked how all the Freeway Frenzy and Wave Catcher games took place on one giant map - if anybody could figure out a way to rip that map, I'd love them forever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.