Lego Island background glitch preventing me from completing game

Ephemeralic

Okay so this is a bit weird because I have seen nobody else that have had this problem occur. So in Lego Island one of the fun things to do is to race around the track. That part of the game is close to my heart because I would do that everytime I would play the game when I was younger. So I recently received Lego Island to try it out again because my original copy got ruined by a hurricane flood. The first thing I did was build the car and go to the race track. Then this happened: http://postimg.org/gallery/17zu4cehw/2246749b/

When the car or any vehicle interface GUI pops up, it just shows the interface GUI and what the color of the sky is. So when I try to race, all I get is the vehicle interface GUI and whatever color the sky is currently. So I can race but I don't see anything that's going on. This is game breaking for me, because one of my favorite things to do was taken away from me because of a glitch. Anyone know a fix?

You could try enabling debug mode and pressing... something V? Ctrl+V? l405G.jpg

It wouldn't help, but the results would be amusing and probably cause LI to explode. I'm surprised it hasn't already.l405G.jpg

(For some more serious advice - we can't really help you, I'm mildly surprised you got LI to work at all l405G.jpg. Try the usual stuff like "compatibility mode," "run as admin," etc.)

That's a new one. I've seen games have issues with transparency like that before, but not LEGO Island.

Here's what I'd do:

• Go to where you installed the game (probably something like C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Island),
  • See CONFIG.EXE, ISLE.EXE, and LEGOIsle.exe? For each of those, right click on the exe, click Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator" (really I think you'd only have to do this for CONFIG.EXE, but meh, just do it for all of them)
  • Open CONFIG.EXE and under "Advanced" try different graphics modes.
  • If that fails, go back the Compatibility tabs you were in earlier and try enabling different compatibility mode options for ISLE.EXE and LEGOIsle.exe.

Edit - Just took a closer look at your screenshots... Could you give more details about your OS setup/how you're running the game? And maybe what hardware you're on? Looks like a rabbit hole of things that could go wrong, lol

11 hours ago, jamesster said:

Edit - Just took a closer look at your screenshots... Could you give more details about your OS setup/how you're running the game? And maybe what hardware you're on? Looks like a rabbit hole of things that could go wrong, lol

It appears to be running in a Windows 10 Virtual Machine (using VirtualBox) on a Mac.

Are you running this game in a windows emulator? When emulating an OS, problems like this can occur. A similar thing happens with LRR when you try to run it through something like Wine.

On the otherhand, try running the game by setting it to run in Win-Xp compatibility mode in its properties. Then run as administrator. This sometimes fixes these things.

I have the same problem, except mine covers the GUI's transparency with the Infocenter's pixelated interior backdrop. Building sections with cut-out windows are also blocked by the background glitch (i.e. observation deck, police station)

I remember running into this problem on an old Windows XP machine a long time ago. Suffice to say the only solution I can think of is to run the game in a Windows 95 or 98 virtual machine dedicated specifically to LEGO Island. Do not install any other games on that specific virtual machine, as LEGO Island does not run well on versions of DirectX newer than what it was shipped with.

MaelstromIslander

I got this once, but it was more like aaronburner's case than LegoRacersFan. It's because you're running it on Direct3D HAL. You'll need to change it through the same steps Jamesster provided, but some will cause the infomaniac to glitch when you're trying to le at all times.

So I hope you're ready for BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.