Hello I i need help to start rock raider on win 7

Rockmoster

Hi rock raiders work on my older win 7 flawless but on a newer version it wont work at all. i try every thing. if any one can help. if you need some info about my comp just ask

Your Windows 7 installation is fully up-to-date, correct? It is very likely you are being affected by recent Windows changes. See this topic for more details. :)

Your Windows 7 installation is fully up-to-date, correct? It is very likely you are being affected by recent Windows changes. See this topic for more details. :)

*snip*

Assuming that's the cause, another option would be to use unSafeDisc v1.5.5 on it. ;)

Edited by mumboking
Removed link. Find it yourself.

Assuming that's the cause, another option would be -snip-

From the forum rules:

DO NOT Post or Upload Illegal Material
This refers to posting any form of pirated materials such as applications/games, including posting of links to such materials. Rock Raiders United DOES NOT support piracy.

We don't support piracy, nor do we encourage or tell how/where to pirate, but we do provide troubleshooting and modding support regardless of how one obtains a copy of a game. :)

We don't support piracy, nor do we encourage or tell how/where to pirate, but we do provide troubleshooting and modding support regardless of how one obtains a copy of a game.

:)

It's not piracy if you're just stripping the SafeDisc protection from your own legitimate disc.

• Like 2

It's not piracy if you're just stripping the SafeDisc protection from your own legitimate disc.

I agree. I was stating the forum policy (Cirevam said that in some topic) as a The More You Know addition to the rules quote.

Well my rock raider is on cd my two windows are on cd and my home premium is older and there it did work on but on my professional it wont. So what sould i do?

My recommendation is to download VMWare Virtualbox and get a copy of an older Windows version (I recommend Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows 2000), and run the game in a virtual machine. This is what I've been doing on Windows 10. This will also help with any other compatibility issues you may encounter, as Rock Raiders was made to run on Windows 98 and also runs well on Windows 2000 and Windows XP (presumably it will also run well on Windows ME, but I wouldn't touch that version of Windows with a 39' 6" pole).

I know what I have to say is insignificant, unless it actually solves the problem (which is less than likely), but have you tried opening 'Rock RaidersTM' and selecting 'RGBEmulation'?

Again, the problem is likely to be completely different than a simple rendering problem.

If this doesn't fix the problem, would you kindly tell us when LRR 'won't work'? Like, does it not start-up? Does it suddenly stop when you start a level, or even load a save?

Information would help, thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.