Run Lego Racers 2 without disc

Ephemeralic

Alright I know there is already a post about this but I don't know anything about the files and I keep getting confused while reading the other post. I am dying to play Lego Racers 2 on my computer. Unfortunately, I don't have a disc drive. So i used a computer with a disc drive and extracted all the files off the disc onto an external hard drive. I then installed off the external hard drive but it wants me to insert a disc. Can anyone help me. And explain it in a noobish way because I don't know how anything works.

Edited by LegoRacersFanForever

I believe this should do what you're looking for...

I appreciate you replying, but now when I run the .exe it gives me a black screen than just force quits out.

I appreciate you replying, but now when I run the .exe it gives me a black screen than just force quits out.

That's a problem I also have along with some others...

Yeah, and it said the patcher was last updated in 2013. It might of lost its support and it doesnt fix bugs anymore. Well, what do I know? I'm just a guy who wants to play LR2.

• Like 1

Yeah, and it said the patcher was last updated in 2013. It might of lost its support and it doesnt fix bugs anymore. Well, what do I know? I'm just a guy who wants to play LR2.

LEGO Racers 2 has not been updated since the release in 2001. I assure you, the tool "from 2013" works and  hasn't "lost support" or "doesn't fix bugs anymore" (which it never did to begin with). ;)

As for the black screen issue, that one is new to me. I do not know if LR2 is affected or not, but can you check this topic and see if it helps? It's worth looking into to.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6815-alert-concerning-games-using-securom-or-safedisc/

LEGO Racers 2 has not been updated since the release in 2001. I assure you, the tool "from 2013" works and  hasn't "lost support" or "doesn't fix bugs anymore" (which it never did to begin with). ;)

As for the black screen issue, that one is new to me. I do not know if LR2 is affected or not, but can you check this topic and see if it helps? It's worth looking into to.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6815-alert-concerning-games-using-securom-or-safedisc/

Thanks, but I'm running Windows XP, so I don't think I am affected. P.S. I do know that LR2 doesn't get updated, it was 2001. I was just curious if the patcher had bugs that never got fixed. :) Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I also tried UNGTC but just got this:

NGTC - ATD archive tool.

Copyright (C) 2013 JrMasterModelBuilder

This tool will extract ATD GTC archives and create compatible new ones.

USAGE: ungtc FILE_OR_FOLDER_PATH

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see: *I blocked link*

Running UNGTC on: ./
Action: Extracting.
Loading: COMPRESS.INF
ERROR: Failed to open: COMPRESS.INF
ERROR: Extraction failed.
logout

[Process completed]

Thanks, but I'm running Windows XP, so I don't think I am affected. P.S. I do know that LR2 doesn't get updated, it was 2001. I was just curious if the patcher had bugs that never got fixed. :) Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I also tried UNGTC but just got this:

NGTC - ATD archive tool.

Copyright (C) 2013 JrMasterModelBuilder

This tool will extract ATD GTC archives and create compatible new ones.

USAGE: ungtc FILE_OR_FOLDER_PATH

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see: *I blocked link*

Running UNGTC on: ./
Action: Extracting.
Loading: COMPRESS.INF
ERROR: Failed to open: COMPRESS.INF
ERROR: Extraction failed.
logout

[Process completed]

Also, the UNGTC file is in the same location as the 3 other files: Compress.inf, Fileist.inf, and GameData.GTC

For whatever it's worth, the developer mode patcher never worked for me either.

Fluffy Cupcake

Where are you trying to extract it? From your game folder (which Windows will complain you need permission to do anything there unless you take ownership of the folder) or somewhere like your desktop?

Also, DMP hasn't really worked well for me either in the past. So I did it the manual way (hex editor).

Where are you trying to extract it? From your game folder (which Windows will complain you need permission to do anything there unless you take ownership of the folder) or somewhere like your desktop?

Also, DMP hasn't really worked well for me either in the past. So I did it the manual way (hex editor).

From my game folder.

Ah, extracting it from my desktop worked. Thank you. Now what do I do to get it to run without the cd?

So anyone got a solution yet? I got ungtc and I extracted GAMEDATA.gtc sucessfully. Now what should I do to get the game to run without the cd?

Yeah try developer mode patcher, when you patch your Lego Racers 2.exe it will no longer ask you for CD. It worked for me!

Gives me a black screen then it force quits out. Hmm.. I even tried editing the executable with a hex editor. Nothing.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm sure there is a silly mistake going on somewhere, because now it just sounds like it isn't reading any files.

After extraction: Did you move the original GameData.gtc, FileList.inf, and Compress.inf files out of the .exe's directory? It will still attempt to read any three of those if they are still present.

Is there a bunch of folders inside the Game Data folder now? (which should be in the same directory as the .exe) There should be 21 or something of the like now.

I'm sure there is a silly mistake going on somewhere, because now it just sounds like it isn't reading any files.

After extraction: Did you move the original GameData.gtc, FileList.inf, and Compress.inf files out of the .exe's directory? It will still attempt to read any three of those if they are still present.

Is there a bunch of folders inside the Game Data folder now? (which should be in the same directory as the .exe) There should be 21 or something of the like now.

There are folders like "ADVENTURE" "CHARACTERS" and a lot more in the GAME DATA folder. I'm sure it's fine. I'll try removing the GameData.gtc FileList.inf, and Compress.inf files out of the .exes directory. Even if this doesn't work I really appreciate all the help you've been giving me. :)

There are folders like "ADVENTURE" "CHARACTERS" and a lot more in the GAME DATA folder. I'm sure it's fine. I'll try removing the GameData.gtc FileList.inf, and Compress.inf files out of the .exes directory. Even if this doesn't work I really appreciate all the help you've been giving me. :)

Nothing....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.