The Magic of Disney Minifigures

emily

A possible list of figs for the upcoming Disney-themed series has popped up.

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

If this turns out to be accurate, it looks like Inside Out is really going to be stealing the show. I can't say I'm entirely excited to see how LEGO translates all these different cartoon shapes and forms into three-dimensional figures, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Source:
Robert8 (via Eurobricks)

15. Sadness

16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

I thought they were your emotions in reaction to the appearance of this series, but it appears that they're just new Disney characters. Well, they're mine. :P (jk, but I'm afraid this might end up like the Simpsons series. Just made for money and with little effort put into it).

I thought they were your emotions in reaction to the appearance of this series, but it appears that they're just new Disney characters. Well, they're mine. :P (jk, but I'm afraid this might end up like the Simpsons series. Just made for money and with little effort put into it).

IDK, I wouldn't exactly call Lego Simpsons low effort. In fact, I thought it had an... unsettling amount? Not quite the word for it, but you know what I mean.

Fluffy Cupcake

I don't understand how the IO characters will work unless we are actually going inside the head of a minifigure, but we all know how empty those are.

• 2 months later...

Ohey, this topic is still here. Allow me to indulge your eyes with a proper image of the 'figs...

XJLDovX.png

(TIP: I'd suggest saving this to yer computer quite quick if I were you, since it's ripe for takedown by TLG)

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Well lookie at that fine cast of LEGOfied Disneys. Too bad this is probably one of the last times I'll personally ever really see them.

-Don't care, don't shop.

(I don't mind Disney, I just don't care for them as LEGO)

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh come on pons, we've all seen worse and lived through it. :P

...you're right though, SOMEONE GET THE BLEACH.

• 4 weeks later...

...I'll just say what everyone's probably thinking: That Little Green Man is probably the laziest collectible Minifigure yet. The only decent thing that's new is the dual-molded mini legs. Other than that, it's like it came straight out of 2010. That Buzz Lightyear isn't much better either, if the helmet/chest isn't a new mold (I never did have the original 2010 minifig, so I'm not sure). And I believe this is a first: a character that is in minifigure AND mini-doll form (Ariel). At least she has a better hair piece.

Also, Maleficent is probably the best looking figure in this wave in my opinion. Quite a bit of detail and the minifigure standard head arguably works best for her. If there's only one figure I want from this, it's her.

Stitch looks cute.

Chester Cat is on drugs.

Donald saw something he shouldn't have seen and liked it.

Mickey and Minnie have had too much plastic surgery.

Daisy is staring out into space, probably looking to find the Space Jam.

Syndrome is creepy.

Captain Hook is scary.

Genie is funny-looking.

Mr. Incredible is trying to be 1960s Batman.

Buzz is half-decent.

Little Green Alien has been cloned from a previous set.

Robin Hood is a fox, people. Literally.

The girls look nice.

Except for the witches. They must be related to Yzma.

Oh yea, Aladdin looks good too.

Sad there is no Baloo.

I'll take Stitch and be on my way.

Score: 10/cute (Stitch), You decide/the scale (everything)

• Like 1

On 3/30/2016 at 10:27 PM, le717 said:

Chester Cat is on drugs.

As though he wasn't already? I'm pretty sure Through the Looking Glass, and by extension Alice in Wonderland, was just one big trip.

Anyway, I'll take Alice, Hook and Maleficent. The rest are meh at best and eye-melting at worst.

Also, is it just me or is this going to be the easiest minifig set to feel out?

eagleeyedan

So much for LEGO cutting back on their library of custom molds I guess. Still, they did a decent job translating the characters, they just feel not LEGO with all the crazy heads.

On 29/02/2016 at 10:32 PM, Ayliffe said:

Ohey, this topic is still here. Allow me to indulge your eyes with a proper image of the 'figs...

XJLDovX.png

(TIP: I'd suggest saving this to yer computer quite quick if I were you, since it's ripe for takedown by TLG)

Still up!

On 1/03/2016 at 8:33 PM, aidenpons said:

ARGH

MY EYES

On 29/03/2016 at 2:54 AM, Ayliffe said:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/03/new-lego-minifigures-featuring-iconic-disney-characters-debut-in-may/

...I'm guessing this is technically an official reveal, since the site is owned by disney? Either way, here's a nice HD image for you to stare at for a bit:

LMFGLDC79577.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THAT PINK THING IN THE MIDDLE

IT'S DEMONIC

RUN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.