UNGTC Extraction on Windows 10

Firedude34

So i installed Lego Racers 2 with le717's alternative installer! Afterwards i wanted to extract GTC file with UNGTC, when it was finished the was no GAMEDATA file. And im using a 64 bit pc. Can someone help me?

Edited by Firedude34

Did you run the game first to make sure it even runs? If GAMEDATA is missing it won't load. Can you take a screenshot of the LR2 installation folder's content? It is the one with LEGO Racers 2.exe in it.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Before I get started, you're launching the game from the "hack" folder correct? It would probably help if you removed the two .inf files and the .gtc since you are trying to play with extracted files. As well I can see that your .exe hasn't been modifed to play with extracted files.

For an alternate approach if you aren't playing extracted (why the UnGTC and "hack" folder then?), do the movies and music folders both exist in the game data folder as well as all their files? (The movies don't matter I don't think) Or did those get left behind in the original Racers 2 game data directory?

Everything from the Lego racers 2 directory is with the hack folder. I just made a hack folder so i when im bored of hacking the game i can easily just play it from the default directory. I tried UNGTC the GTC folder but it didn't work. I don't know, is my windows uncapable or is it just me doing something wrong? 

Edited by Firedude34
I just the some misspelling

OK, I think I see what is going on. You are trying to play LR2 with the extracted files but it won't work. How can I say this...

youre-doing-it-wrong.jpg

:P

UNGTC's sole purpose is to extract the files, not to make the game use them. Start by doing as Xiron said and move the .GTC and .INF files to a different folder (Archives/ would do), then download and run the developer mode patcher. That will make the game use the extracted files.

• Like 1

Yes i tried to patch lego racers 2 with it but this error poped up.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at LR2DeveloperPatcher.Util.Patch(String path, Byte[] search, Int32 offset, Int32 value)
   at LR2DeveloperPatcher.Form1.Patch()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LR2DeveloperPatcher
    Assembly Version: 1.1.5082.38337
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/LEGO%20Media/LEGO%20Racers%202%20Hack/LR2DeveloperPatcher.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Right-click the patcher > Run As Administrator. It should work this time. Also, can you please put that error log that in a [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] so the post is not a huge wall of text?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.