Vintage Licence "To drive a Motor Car"

Zubay

MaelstromIslander

Obviously according to all the people who liked your post, including me, its safe to say this is quite the interesting mod. Although, I think LEGO Racers takes place in LEGOLAND or something as mentioned in the manual, doesn't it?

Anyways, this is a really great mod you made! It would be even more interesting if someone made a complete "Vintage LEGO Racers" mod... Food for thought. :P

I think LEGO Racers takes place in LEGOLAND or something as mentioned in the manual, doesn't it?

Well, I don't remember ever reading the manual, as I own this game for many years in a small CD Cover, wihout the manual.

Anyways, this is a really great mod you made! It would be even more interesting if someone made a complete "Vintage LEGO Racers" mod... Food for thought. :P

Thanks! Yes, that's something I had in mind as well, but this was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at pictures of old driving licences. Maybe I'm going to do something like that.

I even thought of changig all menu skin textures to sepia

VintageRocket.thumb.png.dd7c6d89a75ef621

Wow, even Rocket Racer looks like he's from the 20's in Sepia

By the way, has anyone noticed that I used the old LEGO Logo from 1934 for that stamp?

Well, I don't remember ever reading the manual, as I own this game for many years in a small CD Cover, wihout the manual.

You're welcome. :P

I do like this mod. I think it is very neat. I don't any feedback for you, so I'll just say keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

This looks cool. You've still just got to change that background of the minifig in the license. :P

Fact: Every post in this topic aside from OP has a smiley tongue in it.

I'm just waiting for the steampunk total conversion. :P

Steampunk would actually be interesting, but I'm not sure if it'll work, since it's settled in the Victorian Age, so cars (and especially car races) shouldn't be a common thing yet.

But I could imagine it to be nice.

You're welcome. :P

Ah, I see now, I changed it so it now says 'Country of Legoland' instead of 'Lego Town'.

This looks cool. You've still just got to change that background of the minifig in the license. :P

Thanks, and for the background, I tried to change it, but I don't exactly know how.

*UPDATED VERSION*

LEGO3.thumb.jpg.7bc4bf9510a183c09c4bfc7f

Updated Stamp & changed 'Lego Town' to 'Country of Legoland'

Thank you all for the positive comments, always appreciated.

PS.: :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Cool beans.

Thanks, and for the background, I tried to change it, but I don't exactly know how.

The colour is defined under /Menudata/DrvrLice.mib. Look for this:

k_2A    // Tint color (ARGB)

}

Use the Binary Editor to open this file if you don't have it downloaded already: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/4367-binary-file-editor/
(there is a Ctrl+F search function, use it to find the first 83)

If you know enough about image editing, you should know what the ARGB means and how this colour formatting works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.