The Brickster-Center

MaelstromIslander

MaelstromIslander

So, I was building some of the houses from the GBA version of LI2, and as I was goofing off, I started building the observation deck of the Info-Center. Then, I got the idea for a sort of brickster Info-Centre; a more conventional fortress for the Brickster. Unlike the Info-Center, the Brickster-Center is larger, darker, full of vents and shafts, and guarded by Bricksterbots. I didn't bother putting in any minifigures because I don't like having to compromise with other decals when making a minifigure in LDD which is why I sometimes use custom decals in my MOCs.

Anyway, here it islarge.Brickster-Center.png.2619362221b87

Extra Pictures:

large.Brickster-Center_Tower.png.8186ddclarge.Brickster-Center_Interior.png.60bflarge.Brickster-Center_Back.png.518d72ee

Credit to Pranciblad for suggesting the color palette to me. I guess you could say I kinda "cheated" a little by using Toggle Physics Test to do the curtains and the front window, but I couldn't find any other way to build them without using Developer Mode.

This is, actually, one of my most detailed MOCs ever built: It took about a day and a half to make, and its a bit boxy on the sides and back, but it looks pretty much fine to me. I wanted to add some fish-like details to it and have a fish head at the front with the mouth being the entrance, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to do something like that yet.

Anyway, enjoy. I won't upload a .LXF because not everyone has developer mode and so if they load it without said mode some of the "cheatsy" bricks will be removed, but I might upload it if enough people want me to.

Edited by MaelstromIslander

Fluffy Cupcake

Good idea to create a Brickster-counterpart to the Infocentre!

It's kinda odd to see those yellow stripes there though, I imagine you would make the stripes the same colour as the building though if you could customize it better, right?

MaelstromIslander

Good idea to create a Brickster-counterpart to the Infocentre!

It's kinda odd to see those yellow stripes there though, I imagine you would make the stripes the same colour as the building though if you could customize it better, right?

The yellow stripes are actually yellow and black caution tape/tiles/stuff. They kinda stand out a bit, but it got a bit dull when I only used a select few colors and I thought it would be best if I shook it up a bit.

Me likey. (Thank you Ayliffe for that phrase l405G.jpg)

It's close enough to the Info Center to remind you of it, but different enough to make it new.

The windows at the back look a little bland... is there anything worth speaking of behind them?

The colour scheme is very nice, very Brickster-ish.

But... but... no OH MAI YES YOR SCAW CUBE... :(

Quisoves Potoo

It's a bit basic, but I like it!

I have only one complaint: This doesn't seem like the work of the Brickster. His handiwork tends to be more ostentatious, rather than dark. Still, that's a narrative complaint, and nothing to do with the quality of this model.

Cheers!

MaelstromIslander

But... but... no OH MAI YES YOR SCAW CUBE...

:(

I wanted to, but there wasn't any room for it. D:

I have only one complaint: This doesn't seem like the work of the Brickster. His handiwork tends to be more ostentatious, rather than dark. Still, that's a narrative complaint, and nothing to do with the quality of this model.

I don't know what you mean when you say "Ostentatious"; Its definition is characterized as vulgar display to attract attention. I'm assuming this is supposed to mean how the brickster's structures are random bricks, composed of whatever he could find making them look a bit ugly, causing them to stand out from other structures. I wanted to try the whole "Random Color" thing, but LDD doesn't have any "Random" option, so doing that would be harder. Because of this, I asked prance if he knew what I could do, and then he suggested this color palette. Its dark, not ostentatious, yes, but at least its a simple palette of colors that I could easily place into the model unlike the random color thing where you'd have to select the right colors, make sure they look right, put them in the model, don't make any sequences so it looks like its random, etc.

I don't know what you mean when you say "Ostentatious"; Its definition is characterized as vulgar display to attract attention. I'm assuming this is supposed to mean how the brickster's structures are random bricks, composed of whatever he could find making them look a bit ugly, causing them to stand out from other structures. I wanted to try the whole "Random Color" thing, but LDD doesn't have any "Random" option, so doing that would be harder. Because of this, I asked prance if he knew what I could do, and then he suggested this color palette. Its dark, not ostentatious, yes, but at least its a simple palette of colors that I could easily place into the model unlike the random color thing where you'd have to select the right colors, make sure they look right, put them in the model, don't make any sequences so it looks like its random, etc.

Quis, Mael's not trying to make the Brickster-Center look like something out of the Cool Creations. l405G.jpg I see your point... but frankly, MOCs like that suck and Mael wanted to make something good. Which you have! I think random colouring would spoil it; it would look gaudy or eye-bleeding. And bad. l405G.jpg

The color scheme is good, in that it makes it look like the Brickster without being garbled. l405G.jpg

Quisoves Potoo

Quis, Mael's not trying to make the Brickster-Center look like something out of the Cool Creations. l405G.jpg I see your point... but frankly, MOCs like that suck and Mael wanted to make something good. Which you have! I think random colouring would spoil it; it would look gaudy or eye-bleeding. And bad.

I take it you don't like Time Cruisers?

Anyhow, I'm thinking not merely of OGEL Island, but also of Xtreme Stunts, in which the Brickster has a white and baby-blue motif. It's rather pedantic, as I said before, but I can't think of any instance in which the Brickster went for a dark aesthetic.

The colours you've used for this build would fit better for Blacktron (with the exception of no yellow) than for the Brickster. But then again, the colour palette you chose is much better than the seziure inducing multicoloured mess that is the Brickster's tower on OGEL Island.

MaelstromIslander

Anyhow, I'm thinking not merely of OGEL Island, but also of Xtreme Stunts, in which the Brickster has a white and baby-blue motif. It's rather pedantic, as I said before, but I can't think of any instance in which the Brickster went for a dark aesthetic.

I went for a dark aesthetic so it would look ominous. Going for white and baby blue which are both bright and positive colors wouldn't make it seem like it was the base of an antagonist.

The colours you've used for this build would fit better for Blacktron (with the exception of no yellow) than for the Brickster. But then again, the colour palette you chose is much better than the seziure inducing multicoloured mess that is the Brickster's tower on OGEL Island.

No, it actually wouldn't. Blacktron lacks transparent blue cockpits and dark blue bricks in its color scheme. Blacktron I has no white in its color scheme being simply black, yellow, and transparent red. Blacktron II has black, transparent green-yellow, and white, but still lacks the blue in its colorscheme.

Edited by MaelstromIslander

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.