LR2 Models Reused in Soccer Mania

Mr. Ash

Just something minor I discovered. I thought that hovercraft seemed like it was from LEGO Racers 2, so I thought I'd check, and sure enough:

large.Blue_Hover.png.39128dadf513bf59385

Although the texturing is slightly different along with an open cockpit, it is otherwise the same model. A red hovercraft appeared in another cutscene, and I might have also seen the game's mech models being used, although I'm not certain.

Off-topic: The Brickster has his own "Haters Gonna Hate" walk

Edited by AaronBurner05
  • Like 4

Lind Whisperer

It's based off of an alternate configuration for the-*checks Peeron*-What-d-you-know, it isn't! I do believe that's an entirely new configuration!

I assumed it was based off of this:

...But the most basic of comparisons shows it isn't! Interesting!

The parts to build it all certainly do seem to be in 7313, though. The handlebars look a bit different, but that's likely down to the medium.

Silicon Dreams and ATD were sister studios, both owned by the Kaboom group, and... Wait, do we know for sure who did the pre-rendered stuff and FMVs for Soccer Mania? Anyway it's not the only thing shared between their games - for example, the bonus game music in LEGO Racers 2 is a remix of music used in the credits of some versions of LEGO Island 2 for PS1.

• Like 5

Silicon Dreams and ATD were sister studios, both owned by the Kaboom group, and... Wait, do we know for sure who did the pre-rendered stuff and FMVs for Soccer Mania? Anyway it's not the only thing shared between their games - for example, the bonus game music in LEGO Racers 2 is a remix of music used in the credits of some versions of LEGO Island 2 for PS1.

I want to say the prerendered stuff in Soccer Mania was Artworld. There are a LOT of reused assets from their Adventures! comic stuff (including the Brickster himself if I remember correctly)

• 3 months later...

I was able to build the hovercraft only using parts from the Red Planet Protector. The cockpit assembly was pretty much the same as the original set, but the wings were (obviously) configured differently:

Spoiler

bbT5ixA.jpg

GH44Kdr.jpg

0f4vrhB.jpg

Also, I could be mistaken, but I swear that the stud textures in the following image are from the PS1 port of either LR or LI2:

large.5.png.c009bbb141de3b099c21b6a34463

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.