[LR] Voiced Cutscenes

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

As we forever wait for a certain someone so we can finally wrap up the Voiced Scripts project for LR2, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a small new voice project, and that would be, LEGO Racers!

Aside from Rocket and Veronica, each characters has about only two lines at most, and there is only 8(9?) characters so this project will be short and sweet. Characters who spoke in LR2 are already reserved for those who voiced them in the other project to maintain consistency.

What are your lines? See this video here:

List of Characters:

• Captain Redbeard - voiced by ???
  • King Kahuka - voiced by Wognif[?]
  • Basil The Batlord - voiced by ???
  • Johnny Thunder - voiced by Mcjobless
  • Baron Von Barron - voiced by LR2-VA or J Reggie or Ben24x7
  • Gypsy Moth - voiced by ???
  • Rocket Racer - voiced by whoever voices him in the LR2 project
  • Veronica Voltage - voiced by ???
  • You won X car set announcer (??? - still clueless as to how this will be implemented yet, cutscene editing?)

Remember, just because it is claimed doesn't mean you can't challenge someone for their position. I will make a comparison video for the voting session should there need to be one.

Ruley-Guidelines:
(pulled from other thread =P)

• Recording should be in 44100 Hertz or higher (remember, just because you can record in that hertz, doesn't mean the sound quality is equivalent to it).
  • Recording should be no less than 192 Kbps
  • Preferred file format: .wav; Secondary preferred is anything uncompressed.
  • You can voice one character. If one is left unchoosen for a long period of time, then you may pick up another.
  • You have a month to voice the character after you pick it. If you need an extension let me know with reason why.
  • Try and be in time synchronization with the cutscene if you can, it is not required, but it looks much better.

I'm not going to stop you from picking a character someone else already claimed, in the case two or more people want to do the same character, they will have to compete by uploading a voice clip of the character, with a line said from the game, and the community can choose who's voice they like better for the character.

Please think responsibly and know if you would have a proper voice for the character before going: OH MY BRICK I WANT TO VOICE THAT CHARACTER!!!

If these guidelines are not even closely followed and are repeatedly infringed I have the right to revoke your position. They aren't hard to follow!

Questions and Answers:

Q. Do I need to own the game to help?
A. Nope!

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

JHUYSER, how do I say this.... If you're going to quote my mega post in whole don't, at least read its contents, even the posting etiquette thread created the site's founder sides with me.

Also, denied

If one is left unchoosen for a long period of time, then you may pick up another.

Learn to read what you quote. Long period definitely does not mean 5 minutes, more like a month or so. Please choose either one of the two for now.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in voicing Baron von Barron.  I have good recording equipment and speak some German, so I think I could do his German accent.  Although you might want to have him voiced by the same person who did Sam Sanister?

Fluffy Cupcake

Are you kidding? Those two aren't even the same! True on that, I forgot about him. You can still give a go anyway, I was being a little finicky about quality with the person who voiced him in the other one anyhow.

MaelstromIslander
  • Recording should be in 44100 Hertz or higher (remember, just because you can record in that hertz, doesn't mean the sound quality is equivalent to it).
  • Recording should be no less than 192 Kbps

Just a note Xiron: I was thinking about doing this, but one of my main problems is that I have no idea what Hertz or Kbps is, and I'm assuming they're related to volume, but that's just a guess.

Anyway, I might do basil as I voiced him a lot when I used to play with my LEGO, and I've coined a voice for him, but again, if I sound like a kiddo on that bloody microphone I'm going to go nuts. (Yes I learned I have a microphone that my brother uses, but my brother's voice is slightly modified on the other end, which gives me the fear my voice will be modified as well...)

Edit: Well, I might do it, but I can't confirm now. Just make me "King Kahuka (?)" for now.

Edited by MaelstromIslander

sorry malestorm im keeping him

This is not a "I claimed him first!" project.

I'm not going to stop you from picking a character someone else already claimed, in the case two or more people want to do the same character, they will have to compete by uploading a voice clip of the character, with a line said from the game, and the community can choose who's voice they like better for the character.

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake
sorry malestorm im keeping him

Do I even need to make it a rule that you should read the guidelines section before joining the project? Because this is the second time in 24 hours you clearly have not read it. Three strikes and you're out buddy.

This is a community project, not a "first come first served" basis like le717 said.

Just a note Xiron: I was thinking about doing this, but one of my main problems is that I have no idea what Hertz or Kbps is, and I'm assuming they're related to volume, but that's just a guess.

Hertz is like rate, and Kbps is like quality (Kbps = kilobytes per second).

• Like 1

I'd like to sign up for voicing Baron Von Baron.

If I don't make the cut, I'll go for Captain Redbeard

Edited by Ben24x7

Fluffy Cupcake

Added a new guideline:

• Try and be in time synchronization with the cutscene if you can, it is not required, but it looks much better.

I've already been shown it can be done. :)

MaelstromIslander

I just listened to one of Jhuyser's lines for LR2 Voiced Scripts, and honestly, I'm impressed with how mature he sounds. I was worried that basil the batlord would sound like a kid trying to sound evil, but now I think Jhuyser can pull off Basil.

And YES, I assigned for basil JUST so that the above wouldn't happen, so take me off that list. If I wanna do basil, then put me there, but if its just to kick somebody out then don't. Good luck Jhuyser.

Fluffy Cupcake

"Every other", you make it sound like we have a lot going on, also, the only other voice project does have similar rules and one of the ones you spoke against earlier was in both. Anyhow, let's hope things get better from here on.

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

"The guy who did Sparky" - aka me.

And nah, I'd still do it, but I don't think having the same voice is a good idea. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just as confirmation, I ended up being the Rocket Racer for the LR2 project, so I'm fine with doing him again here. If there's no problems with that, I should be able to record that within the week.

• 4 weeks later...

Since my voice is finally back, here's Rocket's lines for the initial encounter. I'll upload the bit he has in the victory cutscene as a separate file shortly.

I'm not sure if some of the lines are intended to be spoken by him or just the generic announcer, so I'll do the whole thing, and leave what's used up to you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/LR1RocketRacer.flac

Edit: Here's the final bit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/LR1RRVictory.flac

These 2 files will more than likely require a bit of poking around with to time with the scene correctly. I wasn't sure how you were handling these mult-line/multi-character scenes, so i just have them sequentially in there.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.