LR Not Starting Properly

ChrisAtBCC

I apologize in advance if this is a repeat topic - I've been looking around for a solution and either I keep missing it or no one's solved the problem yet.

So I've installed Lego Racers on my Windows 10 computer without a problem, but when I try to start it up, the screen goes black but never starts the game. The screen returns to my desktop.

Currently I am running it with administrator privileges enabled, 256 color format, 640 by 480 resolution (as suggested in another post) but the problem persists.

I'd appreciate the help figuring this one out. Thanks!

Ah. Which version?

Is there a "LEGORacers.icd" file on the disc? If so, that version won't work with Windows 10 due to the DRM it uses.

You'd need to either crack the SafeDisc protection on a 1999 version, or use a 2001 version to play on Windows 10.

If it had the .icd file, I can confirm it is the SafeDisc DRM. Remember how Microsoft backported the changes to Win7 and 8 (albeit only disabling the service instead of removing it)? Yea, it affected it my 1999 copy of LR. IDK if I should say this (and if not I'll edit the post to remove it so don't quote the post please :) ), but I have a 1999 LR exe with SafeDisc removed. If you PM me with proof you own the game (a picture of the disc with your username hand-written on a piece of paper) I will see about sending it to you.

Thanks guys for all the help - I appreciate it! 

@mumboking - UnSafeDisk - what is it, where can I get it, and anything else I need to know?

@le717 - Thanks for the offer! I'm going to try the UnSafeDisk option first to see if it works, and if not, I'd like to take up on your offer. I can verify that I own a copy of Lego Racers.

Once again, thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.