prelol

hello everyone!

so i was just making a map for Lego rock raiders and i stumbled across the idea of making a level without a real objective.

I felt like making a map where you could just start mining, without completing anything at all.

The main problem being that i always have an objective, can anyone explain how you can make an empty objective ? i cant seem to find any information about this, thought there must be someone around who can solve this :( .

after that is solved i would love to see an "infinite" map (quotes because infinite is impossible but, larger? maybe?) 

im not a modder, im only a map maker so please, use small words for this ^^'

thank you in advance

-prelol

NERPFile	Levels\TestLevels\CarCraze\test.npl

This line tells the game from where to load the objective. If you ever don't want an objective or some other bit of code, you can put a semicolon before it.

;NERPFile	Levels\TestLevels\CarCraze\test.npl

Or you can just remove the line outright. That works, too.

This can also be used for commentary.

SFX_Bodge	Sounds\Minifigure\screw1
	; ^^^ THIS LINE IS AN UTTER BODGE 
	; TO STOP DRILL SOUND WHEN CLAPPING

• 4 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

@Prelol

While I like the Idea there would be a number of problems to work around before this could become remotely feasible. Firstly, for some people myself included, the game tends to crash if it is running on a single level for too long. for example mine if I recall crashes randomly after about an hour to an hour and a half or longer. bigger levels seem to last less time while smaller levels tend to last a little bit longer. although if I pause the game it will often last a lot longer of course. there is also the act that even if you could somehow make the game continuously spawn walls, monsters, and resources, how long before the massive stockpile of ores or energy crystals would cause the game to lag or even crash. can you even imagine someone reaching 99999999 ore?

However Like I said I quite like the idea and I might even look into something that works in a similar way on a smaller scale myself.

Fluffy Cupcake

for example mine if I recall crashes randomly after about an hour to an hour and a half or longer. bigger levels seem to last less time while smaller levels tend to last a little bit longer. although if I pause the game it will often last a lot longer of course

Honestly it just sounds like the game runs out of memory to me, and this problem can easily be fixed in the .cfg.

for example mine if I recall crashes randomly after about an hour to an hour and a half or longer. bigger levels seem to last less time while smaller levels tend to last a little bit longer. although if I pause the game it will often last a lot longer of course

Honestly it just sounds like the game runs out of memory to me, and this problem can easily be fixed in the .cfg.

It just sounds like general LRR crashiness to me. l405G.jpg Mind you, do increase TextureUsage to millions by adding a couple of 0's on the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.