RRUcraft Minecraft Server

Sparks8805

Phantom Terror
1 hour ago, Shadow322 said:

Hey so I'm looking into NodeCraft to host a new Minecraft server, anyone interested? It will all be funded by me so no need to worry about donating anything for it.

I don't think there's any need for that; a while ago a new server was advertised in the RRU Discord by VestedGamr. I'm not sure if he intended for it to be RRU-official, but I'm just putting this out there before any payments are made that would otherwise be unnecessary. 

23 hours ago, Phantom Terror said:

I don't think there's any need for that; a while ago a new server was advertised in the RRU Discord by VestedGamr. I'm not sure if he intended for it to be RRU-official, but I'm just putting this out there before any payments are made that would otherwise be unnecessary. 

Oh, thanks, is there a link to this post somewhere? Is the Server IP out and available?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 1:10 AM, Shadow322 said:

Oh, thanks, is there a link to this post somewhere? Is the Server IP out and available?

I haven't personally seen the IP for the server, nor have I heard much about such server on the Discord, I can at some point try to contact Vested, but I'd assume if it were intended to be RRU Official, there would've been a topic on it. Otherwise, I don't know what else to say, the original files for the survival server I believe are still in Sparks' hands, personally, I think he's just too busy to set up the hosting again, and the fact that the service he used may still not support modding. If you feel as if you'd like to revive the RRU MC Server, I'd say at this point give it a go, checking with Sparks though of course to make sure he doesn't have any plans in the future or what his plans were. I would highly recommend getting some people though to help with setting it up especially, it can get complicated and frustrating when things go down or wrong.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:43 PM, Shadow322 said:

Hey so I'm looking into NodeCraft to host a new Minecraft server, anyone interested? It will all be funded by me so no need to worry about donating anything for it.

As for NodeCraft, I've never used the service, so I can't say how it'd work, the most important thing really would be to choose the service with the most central location, as RRU has people from across the world and you want to make sure everyone can get a sub-par connection. Personally, when I hosted, I used BeastNode, I used them for several months and their support was fantastic, and connections worked out just fine. They have both Premium and Cheaper Hosting Plans, one of the main differences being in HDD Space provided, and a few other mentions. You can also find coupon codes nearly anywhere on Youtube as many Youtubers are sponsored by them, which will usually give you a discount for a period of time. Their best deal I'm seeing right now in the Premium Plans would be the $10/mo 1GB RAM Plan. It includes unlimited disk space (recommended), and some great hardware. As for their Cheaper Plans, they have a $5.99/mo 2GB RAM Plan. Only downside would be that you are limited to 5GB HDD Space, it is able to be upgraded however. I recommended the Premium mainly for the unlimited Disk Space, because server files can get rather large very quickly. As of now the RRU Creative Server I hosted had the server files at 1.1GB as of closing it down, that's a lot! Factor in how many players, how many builds, and it'll add up rather quickly. 

All in all though, these are just a few suggestions and my opinions on the matter, if you do happen to decide to host it, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help in any way possible. I do highly recommend contacting Sparks if possible though to get his opinion on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

So Sparks8805 has opened up a brand new Minecraft server for RRU with him and I currently as the only Whitelisted users, I have been Opted in order to whitelist other users so if you are interested them please let me know so I can add you.

It is a survival server with the IP: Node49.Minecrafted.net:25799

(Also I am sorry in advance for this but I will be reposting this message in the 5 most recent Minecraft threads on this site. I am doing this solely do to the fact that all potentially interested users do not Follow all related threads and as such they might not be notified of the new Server.)

(It would be appreciated if all interested users also funnel into the RRUcraft Minecraft Server thread and Follow that topic solely so we are not spread out through multiple threads. Thank you for your cooperation.)

EDIT: that was a dumb reply so let's try that again -

I haven't honestly played minecraft for a while, but I guess I'd be interested if there's mates on a server there. Sign me up for the moment and we'll see where it goes. MC username's on my profile (at least I assume that's correct, I haven't checked in about a year or two).

Heyooo, I completely forget that these forums exist and then suddenly I get an email about the server being reopened! What a great way to come back to this community! I'd love to join if it isn't to much to ask; my Minecraft username should be on my profile somewhere.

>Shadow posts message in several relevant topics explicitly to make sure old potentially interested members following them are notified

>People take it into their own hands and jump at him without leaving it to the forum mods or even sending a single report so the mods can do so

>Shadow's posts actually work and an old member shows up with renewed interest in the community
>The only fuss has come from people minimodding, not the supposed problem user

nice

thanks fellas

(Given how often it happens, and from the same users each time, I'm seriously tempted to start handing out warning points to people doing sarcastic minimodding or posting gifs instead of sending reports. Don't make me do that.)

@Ayliffe

@yo dude

Both of you have been added to the server whitelist. ^^

@Terrev

@Ringtail

Do you both wanna join too?

(I am gonna assume the @ will actually notify those users, if so I'll manually go through all 5 thread and do the same to every user in them, probably batter them posting in multiple threads.)

@ notifications do notify users, though how they notify them may vary depending on the user's notification settings - same with topic reply notifications.

I doubt I'll end up joining, it's been quite a long time since I've touched the game. Maaaybe I'll see if I can get into my old account.

5 minutes ago, Terrev said:

@ notifications do notify users, though how they notify them may vary depending on the user's notification settings - same with topic reply notifications.

I doubt I'll end up joining, it's been quite a long time since I've touched the game. Maaaybe I'll see if I can get into my old account.

Alright, cool, thanks. Since it's 11:40 PM as of writing this I'll sent out all this @ messages tomorrow, long weekend!

@Shadow322 im sorry for responding the way i did. it was uncalled for and disrespectful towards you. i've held on to a lot of bias against you over trivial stuff from half a decade ago and i've shown it freely in my replies to you about anything over the last year without giving a second thought to it.

15 hours ago, Ringtail said:

@Shadow322 im sorry for responding the way i did. it was uncalled for and disrespectful towards you. i've held on to a lot of bias against you over trivial stuff from half a decade ago and i've shown it freely in my replies to you about anything over the last year without giving a second thought to it.

Don't sweat it, I'm not that kind of person to hold a grudge about that kind of stuff. I don't know if anyone really noticed but I did Like your post and I did try to defuse it with a little bit of humor when I asked if you wanted to join immediately after your post. ^^

On 2/16/2017 at 0:50 PM, Shadow322 said:

Sooooo... you wanna join?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.