RRUcraft Minecraft Server

Sparks8805

I wouldn't quite say its moved onto Tekkit yet, or maybe I haven't kept too up to date, but last time I checked the map had its description updated to 'Tekkit server', but the map was still vanilla.

Plus Sparks said he'd inform us how to install Tekkit for use on the server, and he hasn't yet, so I wouldn't say its moved onto Tekkit yet, but I look forward to when it does.

I wouldn't quite say its moved onto Tekkit yet, or maybe I haven't kept too up to date, but last time I checked the map had its description updated to 'Tekkit server', but the map was still vanilla.

Plus Sparks said he'd inform us how to install Tekkit for use on the server, and he hasn't yet, so I wouldn't say its moved onto Tekkit yet, but I look forward to when it does.

Thanks you so much for that info. I kinda need to ask what I need to change the game version too though as I can't figure out which it is now.

Why isn't the new server saving user progress at all? I keep logging back on and being put back at spawn, and when I build something it doesn't stay.

I've been extremely busy with work as of late, and have not been able to spend as much time setting up the server as I would have liked. I am in the process of switching over the .jar files, but it seems that whenever I start up the server after the file transfer, it deletes the Tekkit .jar and replaces it with a vanilla 1.8 jar. As I stated before, I would like to have it up not long after the new year, so it should be up within the next week. (Assuming that I figure this out soon.) If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please let me know.

4 hours ago, Sparks8805 said:

I've been extremely busy with work as of late, and have not been able to spend as much time setting up the server as I would have liked. I am in the process of switching over the .jar files, but it seems that whenever I start up the server after the file transfer, it deletes the Tekkit .jar and replaces it with a vanilla 1.8 jar. As I stated before, I would like to have it up not long after the new year, so it should be up within the next week. (Assuming that I figure this out soon.) If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please let me know.

I found a guide that might help with that, but I'm not sure how it would work via server hosting, as it kinda assumes you're doing it from your computer rather than an external host. 

https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799459-How-to-create-a-server-for-your-Platform-modpack

So I think the server is just down for good now, I can't get on at all no matter what version I test. Though I understand people are busy right now with it being after Christmas and all.

In case this is unclear, I have shut down the server in order to update it to a Tekkit server. It will not be back up until I have successfully updated it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Sparks8805 and mods,

I would like to join the rru minecraft server.

My ign is Lantha_Nide93.

Indeed, it would be great for me to have more contacts with the community :thumbsup:

Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...
The Ace Railgun
36 minutes ago, Shadow322 said:

So is this a Tekkit server now or is it still a normal server?

:o A post in the Minecraft server thread, I haven't opened up MC in a really long time now....

Is the server even still active?

Sparks8805

It actually kind of fell to the side  of my priorities list. The plans I had to upgrade to the Tekkit modpack didn't work out as Minecrafted didn't support the .jar file through multicraft. I had emailed them about it and they said they would be adding support within the next few months, but I haven't seen or heard anything from them since. I suppose I've kind of forgotten about Minecraft as a whole as of late. Maybe someday I'll buy another couple months of server service and reupload the files, but like I said, it's definitely not on the top of my list of priorities.

On 5/12/2016 at 7:35 PM, Sparks8805 said:

Maybe someday I'll buy another couple months of server service and reupload the files, but like I said, it's definitely not on the top of my list of priorities.

How much does the server support cost per month from the serves you use?

• 3 weeks later...
Sparks8805

I do, in fact get email updates, but half of the time they get stuck in my spam folder, where I rarely check. As I have stated before, I am very busy. Sometimes working 10 hour days usually 6 days a week. I will TRY my best to find the time to set up the old server files again since there seems to be some interest in the server again. 

Edit: It's only $5.99. Not too terribly much.

I'm sure sure which map I'd rather want back. I was wonderfully fun to have a creative server but I did really like the survival server even if it did have a ton of bugs and complications (the End for example). I guess the question is which of the two maps would be picked and which of the two game-modes would be chosen?

• 2 weeks later...

Does the fact you haven't received a reply for the past three posts in a row not inform you of how dead the concept of a Fourm Minecraft server currently is?

9 hours ago, Ben24x7 said:

Does the fact you haven't received a reply for the past three posts in a row not inform you of how dead the concept of a Fourm Minecraft server currently is?

I don't think it's the fact of it being dead, as much as it is just the owner being so busy, he can't currently work on hosting one. The concept of a Forum MC Server is still very alive and people would still get on it.

8 hours ago, CrashDSB said:

I don't think it's the fact of it being dead, as much as it is just the owner being so busy, he can't currently work on hosting one. The concept of a Forum MC Server is still very alive and people would still get on it.

Exactly, it's why I'm asking about Realms int eh first place, it might be a better alternative and best of all Spark won't need to hold it themselves, Mojang will.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Shadow322 said:

So that's a no for now?

Realms wouldn't work, especially if you were hoping for a Tekkit Server. Also, mind you I'm not sure he could even upload the original files, or keep the server files if he ever shuts down the Realms Server for regular hosting. Majoring makes it semi-difficult to have much control over the files itself. I think right now the best thing to do is just wait until any news comes. I plan on possibly hosting some events throughout a month time testing Realms. But either way we'll see what comes when Sparks has the time, and everything he needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.