Rock Raiders crashes after selecting level

Justin L

I finally managed to find this game after many years. 

However I am facing a major problem, which is that the game completely crashes after I select any single level. To add on, the rock falling graphics are completely white with polygonal shapes.
A more detailed description of the problem, is firstly I was unable to start it up because windows told me that D3drm.dll is missing from the folder, and I got it fixed within minutes.

Next, when I start the game, the screen turns black, and then it just returns back to the desktop with no error messages whatsoever. Therefore I went to change the compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and then run it in administrator mode, after that I went to double click on 'CLGen' and changed the video card type to 'Voodoo2'. 

The game opens with the opening video (falling lego bricks and intro videos), but after I click start game at the menu, the falling rocks are completely white with shape in it, and then when I select a level, it just completely crashes with zero error messages :\ HELP!

Just to add on, here are my laptop's specifications:

-Windows 7 Home Premium
-Service Pack 1
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU    M 640 @ 2.80Ghz  2.80Ghz
-System Type: 64-bit OS
-Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.86 GB usable)
-Display Adapters: AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series
-Hard Drive: SAMSUNG HM640JJ ATA Device 640GB

Fluffy Cupcake

Dear AMD user with the laggy white falling rocks who gets crashes on level selecting. Your problem isn't new and solutions have been thrown around a lot here, in fact, we get someone with your exact problem come around at least once a month. I'd suggest you take a closer look. Here, hopefully this helps narrow it down. (silly forum searches and not allowing searches with 3 characters or less)

Report back if you've tried everything and are still having troubles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.