Rock Raiders completely refusing to start

Master of Disasters

Master of Disasters

Hello everyone, new guy here to report a problem I just can't find an answer to.

I had last player Rock Raiders about a year ago with Baz's mod. The game worked fine in full screen except for occasional crashes and that was it. Well just today I decided to start it up again, but this time there was an odd selective lag going on. In the mission select menu, briefing, popup tutorials, and anytime the cursor animated, my framerate would start tanking. I've tried everything from editing the TextureUsage in the CFG, a total reinstall, and trying everything the Cafeteria Launcher could offer me. In the end, running in windowed mode solved the problem. Though the window is tiny as heck, and boosting the size with Cafeteria really messes up the hud, as well as the fact that it's really disorienting that my mouse can escape the window. Complaints I can get over later aside, does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

I have NVIDIA as my graphics card, though I have no idea where to go to look at my PC stats so when I figure that out I'll post that..

Edited by Master of Disasters

Master of Disasters

Just yesterday, I tried adjusting my GPU on Rock Raiders, now it refuses to even boot. The starting window and resolution window will not even show up. Running in any mode doesn't do anything and any adjustments will occur until LRR.exe terminates itself. What the heck is going on!?

I have the same issue as Disasters here. 

Just yesterday, I tried adjusting my GPU on Rock Raiders, now it refuses to even boot. The starting window and resolution window will not even show up. Running in any mode doesn't do anything and any adjustments will occur until LRR.exe terminates itself. What the heck is going on!?

I just updated my comp today, just plain windows update restarted my comp while i was working on it of course. I tried uninstalling completely re-installing, compatibility. Please help! I just got Bazs's mod yesterday and was having a blast and i boot it up today and not working.

Master of Disasters

I just updated my comp today, just plain windows update restarted my comp while i was working on it of course. I tried uninstalling completely re-installing, compatibility. Please help! I just got Bazs's mod yesterday and was having a blast and i boot it up today and not working.

Yep, update happened, then nothing. Age of Empires 2 is also doing the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.