Weird Graphics Bug Win 8.1 64 bit

b3rn13

I just remembered this game from my early childhood and could not wait to reinstall it. Luckily I still had the old CD, along with Stunt Rally and Racers. I installed Rock Raiders using the stickied post on the top of support. I used the Direct3D HAL 640x480 option in fullscreen (windowed is apparently not supported?). I have no mods installed.

It looks like there are multiple instances running in the same game, but this was the first time I opened it. To be honest I have no clue what is going on, or why it does this.

I opened the first level, Driller Night, and then clicked a rock raider and got this. It was visible that there were other problems while the guy was explaining the level. I was able to complete the level, but this is really screwed up and it is not easy to play. Any help is appreciated.

Untitled.png

I had the exact same miss you when I first tried to get the game to run on win8. in order to fix it you have to run the game windowed, and in order to run the game window you have to set your display to 16 bit color. there should be an option in the compatibility settings for the program to run it in 16 bit color mode. 

Oh. Yes. Compatibility mode duh. Thanks. I'll go try that.

Ok, I tried a bunch of compatibility settings, and they all made it so that the game never actually loaded. The administrator access thing popped up and then nothing happened.

What exact steps did you take?

only what I said. Set the game to start in 16 big color and run it windowed. don't mess with any of the other compatibility settings.

at least that's what worked for me. if you still can't run the game after that then I don't know what else to say

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.