Which Weapon Or Defense Item, Do You Think Is The Most Useless?

fun

Which Weapon Or Defense Item, Do You Think Is The Most Useless?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which weapon or defense Item, do you think Is the most useless?

• Pusher Beam
    • Laser Beam
    • Frezzer Beam
    • Electric Fence
    • Sonic Blaster
    • All of them
    • Other

As exactly what the topic says, which weapon or defense item, do you think is the most useless in the game.

In my opinion, the Sonic Blaster Is the most useless weapon/defense item, because it does nothing to scare away slugs back in their holes, and while it does scare them a little they will usually come right  back to the base and drain more power, they don't do anything to scare away other creatures, and can also crash the game completely.

Fluffy Cupcake

Unless it is a lava monster, freezer. I hate having my raiders standing around waiting for the monsters to unfreeze.

Welcome back after a year of silence by the way.

Pusher beam. Low damage output, pushes monsters away making them harder to hit.

I feel that the Freezer Beam redeems itself by instant-killing lava monsters. As for the Sonic Blaster... if you can get it to work, it's pretty much THE solution to slugs.

Another weapon I'd like to add to this list is the stationary Mining Laser. Simply put, there is NO reason to build this worthless piece of scrap. If you need a mining laser, teleport down a LMLC. It costs less (only a few ECs instead of a few ECs AND ore), does the same damage when upgraded, and you can tell it to go wherever you want. Or better yet, just use your Chrome Crushers as tanks.

If I ever get back to working on Fronteer Miners, I'll probably do away with the Mining Laser and just make the SMLC and LMLC a bit more expensive.

Edited by Phoenyx

• 1 year later...

Honestly, they are all specific uses.  I voted Other but I should have voted for Sonic Blaster as they seem to just deter the slugs for a few seconds before they return.

3 hours ago, Medimorpho said:

Honestly, they are all specific uses. 

Pusher beam is only useful if you're trying to be pacifist or want a challenge by not insta-killing monsters and not getting back crystals they eat, or are too lazy to fix that drain glitch. the only monsters it's the best against are slugs, so I guess you're technically right thete, but they're only a threat in one level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.