Adventure Island

Robb

Is it just me or is adventure island the most disappointing place in LI2?, at first it looks amazing with the overhead view of the helicopter and you think you'll be able to explore the whole map, but as soon as you land it loads another map which is just a tiny portion of it, and from there you do minigames and go to a couple of other tiny portions, man thats a let down, if only it was a fully playable and explorable island like lego island and castle island, I wonder if theres a way to actually fix that by modding. Same with ogel island, i'm guessing they were planning much more but had time constraints?

Edited by Robb

Actually, you can go around the barriers and explore the rest of the island. You won't find anything to do though.

I don't remember whether I did that in the PS1 or PC version (or maybe even both?) though...

Only in the PS1 version you can do that, but in the PS1 version the map is much smaller, in the PC version once you land the helicopter, it loads a separate map which is just the small desert portion of the map and the rest is completely gone.

It's a shame because it gives you a false impression that you are going to this big wonderful island in the middle of nowhere when you first arrive, but then in reality its just the tiny desert part with a few minigames strapped to it.

Edited by Robb

Only in the PS1 version you can do that, but in the PS1 version the map is much smaller, in the PC version once you land the helicopter, it loads a separate map which is just the small desert portion of the map and the rest is completely gone.

If I had PC version accessible at the moment, I'd test that... You're most likely correct though. I did just try the PS1 version with success.

Fluffy Cupcake

Not sure if by go around you actually mean go around literally, but I know you can glitch through the walls on the PC version. I've done it more times than I can count!

Yes but if you glitch through the walls theres nothing behind the desert area, the rest of the map isn't there that you see on the helicopter such as the tropical and volcano areas

Edited by Robb

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh, so it isn't cut out on the PS1 version? Cool. So in the PS1 version does the map just get rescaled or what?

No on the ps1 version the map stays exactly the same when you land, so you can explore the whole island easily unlike the pc version

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, you can actually indeed play it on the PC version if you model swap while having accurate size and collision model included, but, the only problem is that it is one heck of a texture mess (anyone know why it is still a mess even though I replaced all texture files, even texture list, for the section?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.