I think you guys are going to like this ;)

Skanibani

I've never posted on these forums... I've been lurking for two years now and I enjoy reading everthing.

I think you people like this:

2uAgTk3.png

I am remaking Lego Racers. First person...

With advanced llighting.

Let me know what you think...

(PS i know that is not the model of the game.)

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh, finally remake that ISN'T Rock Raiders. :P I wish you good luck with this project. I do hope it gets somewhere.

Yeah well the problem is, I think...

People just come up with ideas on this section of the forums, and let them die here... I find this deeply sad....

I want to finish this... how long it may even take :3

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

I want to finish this... how long it may even take :3

Do you plan to let other people join in on development down the road? I find that a lot of things developed by a single person never make it to full fruition.

Yeah of course I mean I need a lot of things... Like map detailes, set detailes even beta things......

I dunno feel free to contributie.

I'm noticing some substantial inverted polygons/z-fighting on the little forks in front of the steering wheel. Do you have your lightmaps set up correctly?

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm noticing some substantial inverted polygons/z-fighting on the little forks in front of the steering wheel.

Don't forget the studs in front of that too. Anyway, that problem isn't usually to hard to fix.

I've identified as many errors as I can:

jVzWZcG.png

It seems you've extracted these models from somewhere and you haven't cleaned up. I reckon you might have too many polygons on this single vehicle. You should optimise and cut back.

I have noticed thema as well :3

I haven t extracted anything from anywhere. This is just an .obj file i made iin blender that unreal 4 does not fully support. So i have to export this to a .fbx file...

Not trying tot be an arse here but i know how to make games ;)

Thx for the help do. Lol haha

allenallenallen333

I have noticed thema as well :3

I haven t extracted anything from anywhere. This is just an .obj file i made iin blender that unreal 4 does not fully support. So i have to export this to a .fbx file...

Not trying tot be an arse here but i know how to make games ;)

Thx for the help do. Lol haha

File extensions don't matter in this case, because Blender supports both. So the only reason it's messed up in UE4 is because you didn't fix it in Blender. Which then makes me doubt your next sentence. And what you previously stated "Yeah of course I mean I need a lot of things... Like map detailes, set detailes even beta things......" kind of proved my suspicions.

Yeah that is right. I used ldd, leocad, sketchup & blender.

I have made other models (.obj) for a school project a few weeks ago and they also just glitched in unreal 4.

When I exported them as a .fbx file the glitching stopped... I don't know, perhaps that solves the problem.

But I was thinking to make every block individual so you can have explosion animation.

+ multiplayer support would be nice too ;)

Yeah of course I mean I need a lot of things... Like map detailes, set detailes even beta things......

Music? Did you say music? *wink wink*

When I exported them as a .fbx file the glitching stopped... I don't know, perhaps that solves the problem.

While Unreal 4 supports .OBJ, the suggested format is FBX as it provides a lot of newer, better features such as inbuilt triangulation (as opposed to requiring you to do it manually), smoothing groups and materials inbuilt, edge orientation preservation, support for Unreal 4's special bone/animation system etc.

This link to the documentation includes a list of some of the best practices for using FBX with Unreal 4 (please note that it talks about Maya, but should apply to Blender too). The documentation also has other pages about working with FBX files, lightmapping, naming conventions, animation etc.

@McJobless: He did say

Though that post you quoted sounds indeed like he didn't know about what you wrote.

So, wat? :P

So, wat? :P

Unreal 4 has full support for OBJs. The issue is that the file format lacks itself support for some of the nice safety features that FBX includes. If you screw up and export it with an FBX, generally you'll be okay (but his screenshot indicates significant issues that go beyond the file format). If you screw up and export it with an OBJ, those errors will become more obvious.

I prefer to export with OBJ when I'm testing meshes since it's quicker, but I switch to FBX for the final import and I use the guides in the documentation to double-check everything.

I'm willing to go along with Skanibani if he thinks he's got this (for now), but I'm going to continue being critical and post any relevant, helpful links I have so that this project can be successful, providing that he's got the effort and isn't going to cheat on it.

• Like 2

0zyIwj6.pngU3z0P2P.pngbricks_by_jeremymallin-d543kqc.png

I am making every single block by hand now. I want a very high level of detail.

@Shadowblaze.

Do you want to remake the soundtracks?

YMcp3ls.png

Edited by Skanibani

I am making every single block by hand now. I want a very high level of detail.

@Shadowblaze.

Do you want to remake the soundtracks?

That's pretty cool. :)

Ah, right, the LR soundtrack... Eeh, I'll definitely try, when you are nearly done with the game, but meanwhile/in case I get too sick of rewriting every single music, just use the original soundtrack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.