GCB files, adding more body parts

TheStranger

Idk if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any topic related to this besides the one about adding another chest texture.

I tried to add another headwear piece, actually duplicating one so it could appear again in another color or with another texture. I tried it first with the Johnny Thunder hat and then with a helmet, with the same results:
First I opened BODYPART.PCB with the binary editor and added another hat to both lists, named it "jj_hats" and "jj_hat" to try it. Then opened MENUPART/CBBODIES.GCB and after scrolling a lot, I copied the code for jt_hats and jt_hat to the bottom, renaming it to jj_hats and jj_hat. Also changed LEG_BRWN to LEG_BLUE to have it in a different color. I did the same with GAMEPART/ICB_CHAR.GCB though this one only has the parts with no "s" at the end (only jj_hat). I noticed this file controls the in-game parts and the other one controls the menu parts though I haven't checked the difference between "hats" and "hat".

Anyway, when I tried it out in the game, the new hat DID show up, but I had this glitch:  :P

QO5y7.jpg

Both the original hat and the blue hat made the face have those weird polygons either moved or missing. I think they are moved because in the Islander hat, one of the yellow polygons seemed to be stretched upwards. Other head wear pieces also had the faces show up with missing or moved polygons :/

I tried the same thing but adding a new helmet instead, by duplicating the Veronica Voltage helmet. I had the same problem.

Has anyone tried this before? Do you know what could cause the problem with these polygons? Cause it would be pretty cool to have more head wear pieces.
I also tried to disable other default head wear pieces by putting // in front of them. That way I had less pieces because I thought maybe there was a polygon limit or something. However the same problem remained when I tried it in the game.

EDIT:
By the way adding new legs works fine by just editing the BODYPART files, though you guys already knew that :P

822pS.jpg

EDIT:

For another test, now instead of adding a new hat I tried replacing another hat, the King Kahuna one with a recolored Johnny Thunder hat, by copying the code from one into the other in the CBODIES.GCB file. The results were the same as before, same glitchy polygons x_x

Edited by TheStranger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.