The LEGO Batman Movie

emily

There's been some more rumblings about this one recently and I don't think we have a news topic for it yet.

Going back a bit, we got a small teaser regarding the film's thematic focus: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-batman-spinoff-movie-about-if-batman-can-be-happy/

Michael Cera was announced as the voice of Robin: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/17/michael-cera-to-voice-robin-in-lego-batman-movie

And now we have a Joker! It's Zach Galifianakis, perhaps best known for his role in The Hangover. He also played Humpty Dumpty in that Shrek spinoff, so he isn't new to being a kid's film villain (if the Joker will even be a villain in this film).

Source:
Hollywood Reporter

Edited by Pereki

Michael Cera as Robin is definitely good news to me.  I'm not really a fan of Galifianakis, but it won't surprise me if he does a good job with the role.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, that's too bad. Thought they might be doing something clever and subversive.

I wonder if she is Batman's replacement love interest.

• 4 months later...

I'm just not hyped.

at all

my only consolation is that FP2 should have some form of vague alpha in 2017

Owls don't have near-terminal FP addictions

err... I'm going to agree with Aiden. TLM was great but I don't like the sound of three films being in production at once (TLM2, Ninjago, and this), especially since LEGO is new to Cinema. Even if this one turns out to be good, I probably wouldn't care enough for the theme to actually watch it.

Spoiler

blackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellow

visually stunning as usual (though the muted batman colors are no fun). Not gonna judge the story till I actually see the thing, because I hated the original lego movie's teaser trailer and welp

• Like 2

Dazzgracefulmoon

I agree with Pereki, the movie looks gorgeous but I'm not sure if it's gonna be well, a good movie. 

But LEGO have always been decent on visual gags so I'm sure it'll be decent.

Warner Bros are supposed to be getting people excited enough to see Batman V Superman, a film that's getting mixed reviews.

Instead they've managed to get me insanely hyped for a film that comes out in about a years time (give or take a month or so) and looks much, much better than BvS.

gg Warner Bros.

Shadowblaze
20 minutes ago, Pereki said:

This one is a lot more promising

I knew I should have waited a little bit before judging. It looks like it's gonna be hilarious.

Bloody hell that was fast (in terms of a second teaser trailer being released already).

I like the referral to the previous Batman films, that kind of Forth-wall humour is just excellent.

lol username

Somebody on reddit pointed out that Killer Croc (between the Riddler and Catwoman) has the head of the classic lego crocodile.

TRpQE2f.jpg

That's absolutely hilarious.

Also, check out Clayface. Gonna be super cool to see how they animate him. Mr. Freeze in the background on the right too.

Dazzgracefulmoon

I like how they're going more based off how they appear in the movie, too. I'm pretty excited to see how this movie turns out.

I like these villain designs a lot because they are so much more "what if we made X, but as a lego" as opposed to "we must recreate X in exact detail, and then print it onto a minifig"

• Like 3

Dazzgracefulmoon

Yup. I wish we saw more of this in the games and the sets themselves, honestly.

edit: I'm excited for the minifigures that will come from this movie.

Looks more promising.

58 minutes ago, Pereki said:

"what if we made X, but as a lego"

The classic Star Wars sets/minifigs had that type of design in mind. Apart from flesh-colored skin, I'm glad to see that they're doing something similar with the movie characters.

On 3/28/2016 at 3:33 PM, AaronBurner05 said:

The classic Star Wars sets/minifigs had that type of design in mind.

I miss that type of originality.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.