Yellowkey

Hi everyone,

I recently looked into the RRU-Wiki and saw that the BLX-Format is still unkown, so I decided to share my knowledge with you. It contains 16*16 Images for the *.map file with the same name. One Images for each possible tileid. I guess they were used for the editor.

I figured out the format by examining it with a hexeditor. All values are encoded in Little Endian.

Header: "BLX " (4 Bytes, note the Space)
Number of Images (4 Bytes)
Width (4 Bytes)
Height (4 Bytes)
Unkown (4 Bytes, I guess this is some kind of Id for for Format, for example 11 for the surface map)
Unkown (4 Bytes, I guess this is the file version)
Images (BGR565)

If you don't want to encode the files yourself, I attached some samples + testprogram + source code (PureBasic, should work with demo). The Testprogram converts all *.blx files in the same directoy to *.png.

Emrg:

Emrg_13.png

Dugg:

Dugg_13.png

Cror:

Cror_13.png

Surf

Surf_13.png

Tuto:

Tuto_01.png

Fall:

Fall_03.png

Erod:

erod_24.png

High

High_13.png

Download Program+Source

What a post. :D

This is great information! I'll see about adding it to the wiki. Thank you! :D

File attachments, unfortunately, do not work at this time, so I can't download your code. :( However, if you can put them in a zip or something and upload them to Oresome Bucket and edit the post with the link, everyone will then be able to access your work. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.