It's possible this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have heard people say that it's impossible to beat the PC game 100% which is why people had to manually retrieve the perfect ending. Is there a list somewhere of the requirements necessary to meet in every level to get 100%. I know I got 100 on a few of them when I first played through the game years ago, but I started up again earlier today and played the first level several times without being able to achieve 100%. The highest I was able to get was 97%, but I saw a video on YouTube with 99%. If there isn't such a list available already but there is a way to figure it out, maybe I'll compile one. I don't really know what's possible with modding but I was wondering if after I find out what it takes if maybe I can figure out some mods that would allow 100% completion to be reasonably achieved.

You can simply extract the WAD files and look at the level configs inside lego.cfg. There should be a "reward" section which has the values you need to achieve.

Very interesting. Thanks, McJobless. As you can see in the screenshot below, I was able to use the values in the .cfg file to calculate the percentage given by Chief. As you can see, since the oxygen doesn't deplete (10 points), ore doesn't matter at all and both the energy crystals (60 points) and 1 cavern (10 points) must be found to complete the level, you automatically have 80% by just completing the mission. To figure out how much of the last 20 points I had, I used the number of seconds I took, 136 (2 minutes, 16 seconds), subtracted that from the total number of seconds on the timer as given in the .cfg file ,900, to get 764 and divided that by 900. This showed me that I should get 84.889% of the possible 20 points for time, 16.978. Adding that to 80, I got a total percentage score of 96.978 which rounded up to the 97% seen in the screenshot.

Anybody feel free to check my math but it seems to me that getting 100% (or the 99.5 that would theoretically round up to 100%) would require one to complete the level in 22.5 seconds.

Screenshot 2015-08-11 02.12.03.png

I had always hoped somebody would be able to break the maths on this, because I would never work it out (it seems extremely simple the way you mentioned it; guess I was just an idiot). Your maths is correct, and it points out why nobody has ever gotten 100%; it's probable a lot of levels have ridiculous numbers like this due to a lack of playtesting.

EDIT: The question I have is; what does that 28% on the score-screen correspond to? It might be the timer, but it doesn't match up with your math?

Edited by McJobless
Hmmm...

I'm sure somebody else has. I've heard people reference specific levels where 100% is impossible and what the requirements are but I could just never find a list until now so I really appreciate your help. I was messing around trying to edit the .cfg file to make 100% achievable. By setting the importance of the ECs to 70 and the timer to 0, I was able to get 100% pretty easily, but for some reason, with that change, the % of RRs teleported was always less than 100, although I was doing the exact same thing. 

The percents on the score screen starting from that 28% you asked about and going clockwise from there are: Rock Drilled, Base Size (Number of buildings, not sure tool store counts), Ore (which may refer to only the ore that has already been revealed because I've gotten 100% on that without drilling all walls), Air Supply (Always 100% in levels where you don't lose oxygen), Energy Crystals, Defense Record, Caverns Found (higher one), Rock Raiders Teleported (not exactly sure how this is calculated).

I was trying to get 100% for everything I possibly could and so I decided to just set the value of the timer quota a lot higher. I tried to estimate how long it would take to get everything (drill all walls, get all ore, etc.) and figured it would take about 30 minutes or 1800 seconds. I worked it out that if there were 72,000 seconds in the timer quota to begin with and 1800 were used, I'd have 97.5% of the total available seconds left and since the original importance was 20, I get 19.5 points for the timer. This would mean a total of 99.5 points which would round up to 100%.

You can see in the picture below that I made a mistake and accidentally set the importance to 10 meaning that there is only 90 total importance points instead of the usual 100 and I grossly overestimated the necessary time as you can see it took me closer to 15 minutes than 30, but this edit did allow me to get the 100% for every section except defense record which makes since because there are no rock monsters or slimy slugs in the level.

Cirevam beat me to what the percentage asked about counts for but I've included the other percentages too

Screenshot 2015-08-11 18.13.47.png

Edited by gonny16
Cirevam ansewered question while I was typing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.