Help "extracting" the music from LI2?

lu9

I tried every little thing to "extract" the DirectMusic files from LI2, but no success.

The only tool that makes sense to be used is DirectMusic producer, but it is really old and does not work...

I wanted to get a MIDI extracted...

I managed to convert the DLS (the sound bank) from it into a Soundfont, though.

This would also be useful for LEGO Stunt Rally.

Any help? :\

DirectMusic Producer does work... I just don't remember how.

I did once get a MIDI made from the pizzeria theme, but all the instruments were piano. I don't remember how I made the MIDI though.

It was sort of like a MIDI captured as it's playing, so it wasn't a clean start-to-finish MIDI.

Sorry I can't be of much help. :/

lol username

Yeah DirectMusic Producer is the thing to use, if it runs properly, and if you can get your hands on it - last I checked Microsoft took down the downloads for it. It was free software though, if somebody's got a mirror of the installer or whatever that'd be nice. (I'm sure there's other downloads somewhere online, but it'd be nice to have right on hand.)

there are links to the producer using the DirectX 8.5 or something all around,

the problem is to run it,

when I run Setup.exe nothing appears

lol username

I'm half asleep right now and in no state of mind to offer proper tech support, but there's been weird cases where older setup programs don't run due to other programs like chrome and skype running. I think it's something about those programs locking files or... meh whatever. Happened to McJobless a few days ago, and it's happened to me and le before and I think some others who mentioned it in the skype group. So just try closing out random crap. Maybe we'll get lucky. If that doesn't work, lol idk, goodnight.

Here it is, the DX9 version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/583d4dz7qh1t6y7/

Change the dropdown that says "Standard Stereo & Reverb" to "Standard Stereo" to hear the files as they are in LI2.

Ok, so to get the files in there, I created a new project then imported (File > Insert Files into Project...) all the files in one folder (e.g: Everything inside _data/sounds/DirectMusic/z02LGI).

Select one of the .sgp files in the dropdown at the very top then press the play button to hear it.

As for making the MIDI, I still don't remember...

EDIT: AHA! I found the MIDI export thing!

In the same toolbar as the "Standard Stereo" dropdown, click the "..." button at the very end to set the MIDI's file name and location.

Then click the button next to it to start the export, click again to stop. It will only export while the tune is playing.

:af:

• Like 1

well, the setup doesnt want to run, like the other version... :P

I have yet to try jamesster's method...

EDIT: I managed to install!!!!! The DX8.5 version actually... I got some error trying to install the DX9 one...

Edited by lu9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.