The first content patch really messed with one of my worlds

Dazzgracefulmoon

Dazzgracefulmoon

I was revisiting LEGO Worlds after I remembered that they put in the first content patch, only to find that one of my worlds (not the important one with all my stuff) Was super messed up, it acted and looked very similar to how Minecraft handles new chunks in an already existing world.

Here's a gallery of the intresting generations I found. http://imgur.com/a/PTzZ5

Interestingly enough, I backed up 2 worlds and then tried them out in the new update, nothing was wrong with them. . .

lol username

It only saves chunks you've modified, and sometimes other chunks loaded around the player under somewhat unconfirmed circumstances (Will initially thought it was upon leaving a world, but I noticed many more new chunk files being saved when loading into a world - but nobody's really done conclusive testing to figure it out AFAIK). The rest are re-generated as needed, as just saving everything would totally swamp your hard drive. I wanted to entirely preserve a certain area, so I just went around it and re-loaded the world from various locations to catch everything around me. That place is now taking up 844 MB, so I'm pretty sure I've got it covered.

Dazzgracefulmoon

That explains quite a bit, which makes sense as to why the other two worlds were barely affected because they had alot of man-made buildings around them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.