Have Disk and a VM (xp) need help

addy

Okay so i bought the disk and tried to install on my windows 8 w/ AMD graphics card. Through some reading ( cause obviously i ran into problems not only with win8 but AMD) ive come to the conclusion that a VM is the best way to go so i did that with VMware. Currently looking at my VM XP window and cannot figure out how to get the VM to recognize the cd drive with the CD in it to start the setup. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I need my energy crystals!!!!:emo:

Okay so update:

Got my vmware workstation to work and installed the game. now the issue is once i get it to run and get to the start menu, it will crash when i select a level once the clip plays through. is there a mod to alleviate the problem?

okay so!~ i figured it out

If anyone is having issues with the levels crashing like i was, add -ftm parameter to the target in the shortcut property target!

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

If anyone is having issues with the levels crashing like i was, add -ftm parameter to the target in the shortcut property target!

Thanks, that actually helped solved the crashing on lag-mode [RGB emulation] on my Windows 10 which has AMD like you do. Now if only I can get non-lag mode [Direct3D HAL] working on my Windows 10 like I can on my Windows 7 partition... there's got to be something I'm missing to make it work, as I had the problem I'm having on W10 once before on W7.

a friend of mine who helped me out said his win 10 was laggy, but xp runs smooth. so yea keep it on RGB and try xp if you have it and itll run great. its crashed on me once but it hasnt since.

Fluffy Cupcake

Keep it on RGB? Nah. Direct3D works smooth on any Windows OS if you can get it working. RGB it just a pain in the butt if you don't have XP, which I don't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.