"Rocket Racer: The Champion" (NEW Updated Version!)

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Current Version:

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6669-rocket-racer-the-champion-new-updated-version/?do=findComment&comment=120101

Due to the instrumental being tainted with the side vocals that happen between stanzas, I had to trim parts out. Otherwise, enjoy!

I really need to take singing lessons if I continue with this. xP

Version History:

Testing the Water (ear demolisher):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iBxHg1WVW0

Semi-full Song (slight improvement, but still unpleasing to the ear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDv4OxlT94

I'd compose my own song, but I already went into the composing ground myself, it wasn't my thing. =P

After thoughts? Lyrics could use some revising, as well as voice.

Edit: Lyrics revised.

Original: https://youtu.be/H0BrGz2ReVo

*Acapella and instrumental included, I recommend purchasing the full instrumental to support the original artist.

• Like 7

Fluffy Cupcake

Well I don't know if 'funny' is the proper adjective to describe it, but okay.

Anyhow, by popular request the full version is now done and stuck in the OP! I've also stuck textless HD version of the renders I made for the video, and download for acapella and [my] instrumental versions of the song as well.

Honestly you guys, I would greatly prefer a comment of feedback or appreciation over a like, not matter how small and spontaneously simple it may be. ;)

...I would greatly prefer a comment of feedback or appreciation over a like...

Would admitting I'd sell my soul just to copyright the song be alright?

Just kidding, of course, just let me say that it's good, but the singing slightly degrades the song to "okay enough" level (no intended offence).

I have no further say in the matter as of now.

Fluffy Cupcake
Would admitting I'd sell my soul just to copyright the song be alright?

Yes.

the singing slightly degrades the song to "okay enough" level (no intended offence).

Offense? None taken, I even said:

I really need to take singing lessons if I continue with this. xP

in the OP. :P

I may not have the voice training for it, but I've certainly got the guts to put something out I know sounds 'eh'. If someone thinks they can top it then they can very well be my guest! I did provide my instrumental version of it after all.

someswedish

Might be tempted to give it a try and sing the song myself, i think my singing abilities is decent enough (though my mic would sound like crap),

Shadowblaze

Well, I don't think it was too bad of a start, the biggest problems I see are that sometimes what you are singing is unclear, and your voice range doesn't let you sing the deepest notes too well.

Fluffy Cupcake

Might be tempted to give it a try and sing the song myself, i think my singing abilities is decent enough (though my mic would sound like crap),

I'd love to hear you try! Just be sure to use the revised lyrics (posted in video description) use this, as you may have noticed in the video there are a few lines which use the same word two lines in a row, which is not good. Of course you can make any minor changes you want yourself too.

sometimes what you are singing is unclear, and your voice range doesn't let you sing the deepest notes too well.

And that is why I stuck lyrics ON the video. ;) My voice range? You should hear me talk in my high and low pitches. :P I think I just forgot to use it as I wasn't paying decent enough attention when I was singing and as my mind was partially elsewhere (like listening if anyone came in the house while I did such ridiculous singing that I NEVER do).

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh goodie, someone is in the same boat as me! :D

It's... I'm not sure. The type of singing you did didn't feel fitting with the style of the song.

P.S. There are a few revised lyrics you missed, but I guess that's my fault because somehow the pastebin link didn't link properly the other day.

• 4 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, time for a new improved version! See OP for old versions to see how much has changed since then.

Special thanks to Shadowblaze for editing the 'Ooh Ahh' part so my voice overrides the original which was still audible in the instrumental track. I actually wanted to get a different person to do this part as it was done in the original, but I couldn't find anyone that could, well, at least could do a good job. I've also went to add some visuals to the video this time, mostly cutscenes from the racers games, but I made a few renders and recordings where the cutscenes don't fit.

It was hard to get good feedback, even from non-RRU contacts, so I couldn't really improve much, but now that I'm posting it here, just let me say to the public:

Feedback Requested!

Okay, I'm done talking you can listen now:
P.S. This was recorded back in August but I held off on uploading it in hopes to improve more... it never happened.

• Like 2

It's pretty good, except for the part at 2:35. Maybe you should sing it with a higher tone of voice? Also, the chorus could do with harmony, like in the original.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Higher? Sorry, when you say that I think a lot higher, but I think you mean slightly. :P

I tried messing around with adding a back track in the main parts, but I guess I'm just not skilled enough in either a) singing it well b) audio editing it (all I got is Audacity =P) c) both.

Higher? Sorry, when you say that I think a lot higher, but I think you mean slightly. :P

I tried messing around with adding a back track in the main parts, but I guess I'm just not skilled enough in either a) singing it well b) audio editing it (all I got is Audacity =P) c) both.

Indeed. :P

Eh, maybe I can correct the pitch so that your voice is nearly perfectly in tune? Just in the back track though, it sounds more realistic this way.

It's interesting. My thoughts are a jumbled mess, but I hope you might get something useful from them.

I really think it needs a deep bass. The higher pitched melody is good... but it needs a foundation.

The rhymes seem very strained, if they exist at all. They... seem unprepared, as if you were trying to stuff phrases with music. Which is probably what you were doing? l405G.jpg It's not just the rhymes, it's the phrase structure. Go bug Le, he writes poetry and has a better grasp of rhythm as it applies to words; but it just seems too strained. My guess is that it's due to the rhymes which either a) don't exist or b) are shaky and sporadic, and b) there are hugely different numbers of syllables in each line, meaning some lines are short whilst others are long.

"you will never victor" D: Grammar-Nazis. Inc. does not endorse this song. Victor is a noun, not a verb.

Overall... It's nice, but the lyrics are strained.

Fluffy Cupcake

Lol, am I the only one who noticed I wrote "Rocket Rockets" instead of "Rocket Rocks" at all instances? I'll reupload and fix that...

"you will never victor" D: Grammar-Nazis. Inc. does not endorse this song. Victor is a noun, not a verb.

Overall... It's nice, but the lyrics are strained.

Come up with a better sentence. :P

How the lyrics were created:

1. Analyze original
  2. Change things up to be relevant
  3. Fix things that don't flow well

I'm a horrible lyricist (and writer in general). :P If someone wants to help out in this department, they can be my guest.
I've got a complaint from McJobless saying he got the shivers from the "Rocket Rocks" which really was a lazy replacement, and honestly the part of the song I spent the least time on.

Eh, maybe I can correct the pitch so that your voice is nearly perfectly in tune? Just in the back track though, it sounds more realistic this way.

Even with that, I'm still not sure how to go about voicing backing vocals. I'm not even sure how those work, surely I don't sing in the exact same way as the main.

Lol, am I the only one who noticed I wrote "Rocket Rockets" instead of "Rocket Rocks" at all instances? I'll reupload and fix that...

I thought that was deliberate l405G.jpg

"Analyze original?" Original what?

Fluffy Cupcake

1) The words on the video (not subtitles) clearly say "original by".

2) The link to the original is in the OP.
So clearly, the original lyrics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.