Smash Bros. And general fighting games discussion

Dazzgracefulmoon

Dazzgracefulmoon

I've been a little busy playing a lot of Smash Brothers lately, doesn't help that I recently bought a SD card and put project M on it. And because of my crippling  to Smash lately, I wonder if anyone here wants to try and set up netplay via the Dolphin Emulator's feature to do so.

This is also an area where we can just sit back, relax and talk about Fighting games and upcoming events (I see EVO Sloooooowly heading over the horizion.)

I don't own Brawl to use Project M in, but I'd be up for smashing someone in 4 at some point in the future.  (Although it doesn't seem like anyone here owns a WiiU.)

Fluffy Cupcake

Brawl is the only smash game I have, and Wii is the only console I have access to.

And even if I didn't have access to it, I have the disc ripped to my hard drive ready to play on Dolphin. :P (The real reason I have it it on drive though is to mod it for the console. =P)

I have the WiiU and 3DS versions. I warn you, though - I play a mean Fox. Not mean enough to go to Evo, granted, but enough to be dangerous in a local setting.

Edited by Phoenyx

I know how irrelevant this reply is in regards of doing a multiplayer Smash Bros session, but how is cute(?) friendly characters from the company's IPs (some instead from other's IPs) beating the damned hell out of other cute(?) friendly characters from the company's IPs fun?

Personally, and no intended offence, I find it unessessary.

Edited by Ben24x7

Fluffy Cupcake

It's not the characters you play as that matters (although, being a character you like IS a bonus), it's the person who you are fighting that controls the character is who you really want to get at.

Same reason seeing your favorite character from cartoon/movie/videogame/comicbook X make a cameo in cartoon/movie/videogame/comicbook Y is fun.  But this time its an easy to pick up fighting game with characters from a huge amount of Nintendo games.  Not everything in life needs to be super serious and gritty.  

Plus kids have been arguing over which video game character would win in a fight since forever.   

I have the WiiU and 3DS versions. I warn you, though - I play a mean Fox. Not mean enough to go to Evo, granted, but enough to be dangerous in a local setting.

Whats your NNID?  I haven't really played since Splatoon came out, so I'm horribly out of practice. (And I skipped Brawl, so I'm still slightly rusty compared to most others)  The forum I play with has kind of settled into a solid order and I'm around 4th or 5th best and I'd really like to start moving up again, but FG is a crappy place to find someone good to fight.

Nooooooowhere near EVO levels of play though.  

MaelstromIslander

I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl (or just "Brawl" as you guys call it) on Wii because i got that game before i had an Xbox and when the Wii was my first gaming system and the first time i actually got into gaming.

I'm not going to port it over to a PC because my computer's hard drive is damaged from all the overheating and i doubt the PC i'm on now could handle it. :P

Also, i didn't know you could mod a console game... Now i'm tempted to make a mod that makes me play as the Firemen from Game & Watch...

I know how irrelevant this reply is in regards of doing a multiplayer Smash Bros session, but how is cute(?) friendly characters from the company's IPs (some instead from other's IPs) beating the damned hell out of other cute(?) friendly characters from the company's IPs fun?

Personally, and no intended offence, I find it unessessary.

BECAUSE KILLING PIKACHU AS KIRBY GIVES YOU POWER!

Fluffy Cupcake

Also, i didn't know you could mod a console game...

Just make sure your warranty is expired. The path to getting there warrants it no longer valid.

Didn't know when I first did it, oops, but the warranty is up anyway.

Dazzgracefulmoon

Glad to see a decent amount of people are intrested in this thread! Maybe we can set up a RRU Smash-a-thon sometime soon. Anyways, EVO Is 9 days away from us, and I'm excited. I obviously will be watching the Smash tournament, but I'm also intrested in the Persona 4 arena tourney they've planned. What are you guys gonna watch at EVO, or is there another Fighting game tournament you're gonna be watching?  I've also been playing Skullgirls on PC, It's a typical 1 on 1 fighter and has a Intresting aesthetic (cough cough lots of fanservice cough cough) if you just so happen to own it on PC and want to fight someone, I'll gladly fight. I'm confident (but not all that good) at it; just check my profile and my Steam URL should be there.

Same reason seeing your favorite character from cartoon/movie/videogame/comicbook X make a cameo in cartoon/movie/videogame/comicbook Y is fun.  But this time its an easy to pick up fighting game with characters from a huge amount of Nintendo games.  Not everything in life needs to be super serious and gritty.  

Plus kids have been arguing over which video game character would win in a fight since forever.   

Whats your NNID?  I haven't really played since Splatoon came out, so I'm horribly out of practice. (And I skipped Brawl, so I'm still slightly rusty compared to most others)  The forum I play with has kind of settled into a solid order and I'm around 4th or 5th best and I'd really like to start moving up again, but FG is a crappy place to find someone good to fight.

My NNID is VestedGamr, which is also my username everywhere else except YouTube.

Speaking of EVO players, I know Chris the Hatman.

Edited by Phoenyx

My NNID is VestedGamr, which is also my username everywhere else except YouTube.

I've got a little time to play now (I see you online in Smash.)  Any chance you'll see this and be able to play a few rounds?

Fluffy Cupcake

So because the official Nintendo servers are down, has anyone modded their Wii to use the community server known as Wiimmfii, which works just fine? (And for Mario Kart Wii's case, blocks 99% of hackers)

I've got a little time to play now (I see you online in Smash.)  Any chance you'll see this and be able to play a few rounds?

I actually have class between 5 and 7 EST on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It's engineering stuff.

Dazzgracefulmoon

I'd love to get a 3DS/Wii U. but more important things have been going on in my life and I'm fine with project M/brawl when it comes to smash

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.