Google Chrome Issue

Chucky

Hello.

First of all thank u for this website, I'm currently revisiting Rock Raiders after several years and the mods and support are awesome :D

However I wanted to point out that my Google Chrome Browser states the downloads of this page are potentially dangerous and I had to manually restore the files.

Greetz.

Nope, I use Chrome and I've never had anything like that happen to me before on ANY site, let alone RRU. Have you checked it's not your antivirus or some other program causing this? 

Are you talking about using the Oresome Bucket? If so, I get that too. Downloading any of the links (here, for example) takes me to a red page in which Chrome states:

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on oresome.rockraidersunited.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites that you visit).

Also, searching Google for "oresome rockraidersunited" brings up the website as the top result, but it's description is:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt  – learn more .

I'm not sure how all that stuff works, but could that be relevant in some way? Perhaps the site needs to be verified/secured by SSL?

Shadowblaze

Also, searching Google for "oresome rockraidersunited" brings up the website as the top result, but it's description is:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt  – learn more .

Well, actually, that happens on Firefox as well. I think it isn't really related to the problem.

Well, actually, that happens on Firefox as well. I think it isn't really related to the problem.

Yeah, I understand that, I just thought it might mean that the website isn't... Completed, or something, I don't know. :P

Are you talking about using the Oresome Bucket? If so, I get that too. Downloading any of the links (here, for example) takes me to a red page in which Chrome states:

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on oresome.rockraidersunited.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites that you visit).

I'm not sure how all that stuff works, but could that be relevant in some way? Perhaps the site needs to be verified/secured by SSL?

This. Google has flagged the Oresome Bucket as harmful somehow, sorry if I didn't explain it right.

PS: nice Profile Pic Ben :D Love that show

Edited by Chucky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.