Camera controls unresponsive

Ringgeest11

Ringgeest11

Hey guys,

After a very long time of struggling to get the game to work I finally made it happen. Then to my utter dismay I found out that whenever I move the mouse to the edges instead of sticking to them it just goes over them. In turn, this makes moving the camera absolutely impossible and as a result the game entirely unplayable.

Any way to help?

I'm launchng it in windowed mode with the help of setting my monitor to a 16-bit colour display. It is also launched directly from .exe file. Launching from a shortcut will still give me the window asking me what I want to do.

Playing the game in fullscreen resolution is impossible as the menus just dissapear when I do so. I haven't got the foggiest as of why.

Can't you use the arrow keys to move the camera? Or the camera buttons at the bottom? I really ought to try and install these old games on my new PC again so I can help with troubleshooting. :P

Also, have you tried Cafeteria for running in full screen?

Ringgeest11

I tried using every keyboard button there was to find on my keyboards unfortunately. The camera buttons at the bottom of the screen also didnt work, though this was still being stuck in the tutorial missions so I dont know if they were blocked out or not.

I haven't tried Cafeteria yet, but I am downloading it now and am going to give it a go =) I'll report back in a bit if it works.... Or I won't reply in a bit because it worked and I'm hooked again to Rock Raiders:whistle:

Ringgeest11

I tried using Cafeteria.

The tutorials missions are still bugged. I cannot use the camera controls in them so I am basically stuck on those. I decided to see if it was purely for the tutorial missions so I unlocked all missions in the settings menu of Cafeteria and luckily for me, none of the other missions so far seem to have it! I was able to complete a number of missions before the game crashed after about an hour worth of play. I do not know whether that was due to the mission itself specifically or whether there is a bug that causes the game to crash after an hour of play orso.

I will try some more tomorrow and see what happens and post my results here =)

I'm pretty sure all of the tutorials have locked cameras since their mission scripts (aka NERPS) frequently move and lock the camera. You can complete them if you disable NERPS with the F12 debug key, after enabling debug keys. Of course this may prevent the game from actually saying "you won" until you turn NERPS back on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.